Introducing a swede

swede_jonas

Good evening!

Just a short hello from a new member from Sweden. Looking to spend my 40th birthday (in 2017) stalking something somewhere on the British isles. A wildlife veterinarian/pathologist by trade, but I rather spend my time at the farm with my family (wife - also a hunter, and three little ones - soon to be hunters) doing what I love. Farming, hunting, fishing, and fixing up whatever needs fixing up at the farm. Looking forward to seeing what this site has to offer! I am an omnivore when it comes to shooting and hunting. Have enjoyed roe buck stalking and moose hunting since childhood, but don't mind grouse with pointer dogs in the north, driven hunts for deer and boar, duck shooting, fox calling, dove shooting, and the occasional trapping. Feel free to contact me for swaps (I can offer wild boar, roe buck, moose and more 30 min. from Stockholm. See you!

Oh, by the way. I shoot an old 6,5x55 with a Zeiss Diavari 3-12x56 for stalking, and a my grandfather's Mauser (a shortened Husqvarna 8x57JS with a new stock) with an Aimpoint for driven hunts (red, fallow, boar and moose). I sadly had to put down my german wire haired a couple of months ago at seven years of age (still managed to shoot almost 200 deer, boar and moose for him), but anxiously waiting for a new pup supposedly arriving next summer.

Thank you deerstalker.308! Well, I am up for anything that this interesting site may inspire me to. I used to live in Scotland a while back and very much enjoyed the countryside there, and visited Devon once for a partridge shoot - spectacular. But as most places, I suspect that the rest of the Isles have so many different things and stalks to offer, just like my country does. And the social part is not to be forgotten - making new friends in other parts of Europe and learning more about hunting/shooting life in these places. I have been thinking about this for quite some time, but thought that the 40th would be a nice round number to celebrate doing what I like best in a nice place. :)

Welcome to the site.

I'm a Brit living over the border in Oslo, Norway.

I visit Sweden every year to hunt wild boar and toppjakt. You guys really have it all when it comes to hunting.

Hilsen

Welcome the UK has lots of hunting opportunities, you just need to do a little home work to find what floats your boat.

Back