My Other Mutts

Gaz

Dont know if I am allowed to post some pics of my other mutts, but please remove if it cant.
I breed the occassional litter of labs when i have orders, mainly for working, with the odd pet ordered as well.
Anyhow we have 4 labs, 2 black, mother and son, hes a big fella 40kg, all muscle-no fat, then two yellow, mother and daughter, the yellow mother is the black boys daughter, so 4 generation really. Then we have a sprocker and the spin.

Attachments

• millyndummy1.JPG
    millyndummy1.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 41
  • Waterwork.JPG
    Waterwork.JPG
    234.4 KB · Views: 41
  • web pics 199.jpg
    web pics 199.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 32
  • web pics 061.jpg
    web pics 061.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 27
  • cassndummy1.JPG
    cassndummy1.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 27
Hi Michelle,
Very nice looking dog's and good pic's, the black lab standing in the water just look's like mine and she loves the water also.

michelle

What great photos! The black labs look just like our two - but then all black labs look the same ;)

Here's a couple of photos of our cocker, Sika, deciding that it was more fun in the river salmon fishing with me than chasing squirrels up and down the bank :) The second photo is where she's obviously impressed by my success with the salmon.....NOT :D

Sika-1.jpg

SikaFishing.jpg

willie_gunn

Scott My boy lab is a smasher, obviously my fave, trained him to a tee, on the shoots he has picked american black turkeys and cleared 4ft fences, an amazing brute of a dog, also known to bring down the odd fox when out beating or retrieve the ones that were shot-he hates them...The sprocker is a cool little fella, size of a cocker but springer colours, great little game finder.
They dont cost that much to feed - a 15kg bag(£10) a week plus 2 of my daughters work in the abboiteur, so a plentiful supply of offal, 30p a kilo! 3 times a week.
The only drawback is not enuff time when the bitches are in season, too many outings - split excercising :rolleyes:

michelle

Out of interest, where were the black turkeys? I was on a shoot near Basingstoke this year that had them - great lumbering Lancasters by comparison to the partridge. Didn't want to shoot one in case it landed on me ;)

willie_gunn

Willie

the gamekeeper/rearer of the shoot I pick up on has them in Mid Wales, they are like great big hurricanes coming over you when in flight and boy do they crash when hit, theyre like a bouncing bomb coming at you and you certainly have to move. Have got a piccie of one the oh shot but cant for the life of me find it.

michelle

Willie

the gamekeeper/rearer of the shoot I pick up on has them in Mid Wales, they are like great big hurricanes coming over you when in flight and boy do they crash when hit, theyre like a bouncing bomb coming at you and you certainly have to move. Have got a piccie of one the oh shot but cant for the life of me find it.

michelle

is that leagal???
never realised you could rear and release them for shooting in the UK

i must confess that i hav never shot one with a gun, only with the camera;)

Been on a shoot by Knucklas just outside Knighton. They have black turkeys as well as guinee fowl.
makes a change from pheasants and ducks.

The trouble is they fine you if you don't shoot at them and they fine you if you miss. If you shoot one it costs a bottle of port, your buggered either way:lol::lol:

Jonathon

Well apparently its a bit of a grey area, like any bird once released it is classed as 'wild', so killing a pheasant/partridge could be classed as illegal in certain minds. If a police officer say was to stop by and see a turkey being shot and he found it offensive he could well arrest you and you could face a jail term and a large 5k fine, but the same can also be said about pheasants etc.
It has never came up at a hearing but one can always be caught out if the info isnt available to stand.

do they look like these michelle, these were following me as i drove through part of the local shoot, shame it was after xmas :eek:

12012010292.jpg

Back