Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best binoculars for under 150

Best binoculars for under 150

I am about to buy my first binoculars for stalking and varmint shoorting and I have decide to go for 8x42. I have a very tight budget and these binos are just to get me started and no doubt I will upgrade in a few years once I can afford it. I have done some research and have narrowed my search to the following 8x42 binoculars in order of price:

Bushnell Natureview 40
    Bushnell H20 50
    Bushnell Powerview 60
    Vanguard Orros 100
    Opticron 4 LE 110
    Hawke Nature Trek 110
    Vortex Diamondback 130
    Minox BV 150

I would appreciate any comments or expereice on these binos as well peoples opinions of what is the best value for money. So far I am tending towards the Minox BV as they seem to get good reviews and would hopefully work better in low light as I mainly shoot around sunset. Although I have 150 to spend, I wonder if the Minox's are three times better than the Bushnell and therefore warrant the extra cost.

Thanks in advance,

I vote Minox.
    They used to be part of Leica...enough said.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

+1 for Minox or Steiner 2nd hand?
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

I rate Minox aswell. My family have two pairs of BVs and love them. I have used them for a while and they have consistently performed - no fogging up or loss of clarity. They are as good as the top German brands even in low light.

Got my Lad a pair of Hawk bono's for his 8th birthday last year, bang on for the money imo.
    Last edited by Dawnrazor; 23-03-2015 at 17:32.

I've got Hawke Frontier 10x32's. They do the job, but don't think I can recommend them. Had to send back first pair due to the focus being out. Would try Minox's if I had to buy again, as I have a Minox scope which is excellent.

I have the Minox in 8x42 and they are very good indeed, in the past I've had Zeiss, Swarovski, and Kahles, all of which were considerably more expensive and it's hard to see why you'd want to spend the extra money over the Minox.

Vote for minox from me I also use Zeiss 10x40 t*p* they're really good but the minox are very close for a lot less cash
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

+1 for the minox, got a pair and realy pleased with them, plus sportsmans were doing them for 120 a month ago.

Have a look at second hand binoculars you will get a lot more for your money, Cley Spy are worth a lock twitchers like to have the latest model in bino's