Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Bow.

New Bow.

Just getting used to my new bow. Great fun. 8 inch circle. Get it down to 4 inch and I will be ready for Africa next year.
    TuskerAttachment 54387

Last edited by Klenchblaize; 23-03-2015 at 20:54.

What range are you shooting from? What bow do you have? I am considering a compound bow to play with. Only done a bit of archery but I like the challenge of it.

Looking good, one lesson I learnt was not to fire to many arrows into a target as it gets expensive when you split them

Looking at angle of arrow entry (or lack thereof) that has to be a compound of not inconsiderable velocity.

Quote Originally Posted by 762Scot View Post
    What range are you shooting from? What bow do you have? I am considering a compound bow to play with. Only done a bit of archery but I like the challenge of it.
    Hi mate, the distance was 12 yards. The bow is a bog standard 55 lb compound from eBay. Archery supplies direct if I remember correctly. Bloody addictive and great fun.

Just lost a post.
    It is fun. Have been looking at Matthews bows, Hoyt ad PSE have their following too. Most likely end up with a 50-60Lb draw.

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Are you using a release aid? If not you should try one. They will help with accuracy.
    Also what sights and arrow rest?
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

The other thing I'd recommend is having 4 to 6 dots as the target, If you try and shoot groups like a rifle you will find you bust up a lot of nock's and ruin arrows....

And agreed on the release aid - although I prefer the hand held ones - not the wrist strap type....

I have been practicing pretty much every second day and can now consistently hit a 3" circle at 30 and 25 yards, and a 2" at 20 and 15 (which is where I have my sight pins are set), I did have to wind my bow back to 58lbs as I hurt my shoulder after sighting in my pins and shot way more arrows than I thought I did and the next day my shoulder ball joint (rotator cuff) was very sore and tender.

I was never a big fan of bows but now love them!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	413.6 KB 
ID:	54394

33m with my 70lb compound , I'm still amazed at just how good the new kit is !

just brought an American flatbow and I'm loving going back to basics
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !