Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: proud 'parent' photos

proud 'parent' photos

I think it's going to be a while before we hit the woods together but here's a couple of snaps of my lovely GWP x Vizla puppy. She's 11 weeks old and bright as a button (not withstanding the fact that she's currently having a fight with a newspaper ).

I took her out with me this weekend while we were stalking Muntjac and she took a great interest in the carcasses - in fact she was quite reluctant to give up the first one! No doubt I'll be bugging everyone for information about training her in due course, once the basic stuff has sunk in, although I don't expect to do much serious work with her this year.

Very attentive, looks like you are being "mind melded"
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

adam don't let lydia read the mongrel comment she will be hunting pip

Nice looking pot licker you have there buddy hope she serves you well.

Hush your mouth - I believe the technical term is 'crossbreed' but frankly, after looking at the costs of insuring and registering a purebred dog, I'm glad that kennel security was a bit lax and allowed my girl's SH Vizla father to have a quick fumble with Richard's GWP bitch. Both parents are working dogs and I reckon Fern is going to shape up nicely as a stalking hound.

Gadget has her brother, Buck, who looks like a pure GWP - there was some initial confusion over which of the two dogs (SHV and GWP) had got to the bitch and G's vet reckons she may have been double fertilised given the total lack of Vizla in Buck.

Quote Originally Posted by gadget View Post
    adam don't let lydia read the mongrel comment she will be hunting pip
    That's a scary thought for any bloke . Anyway, what are you doing on the internet - shouldn't you be meditating or lying in a darkened room listening to whale music. You might trigger a funny turn or something...

Nothing wrong with Whale music!, & to cast aspersions on the dogs line!, seriously though, as a kid I bred lots of good terriers, & ALWAYS kept the oddest runt, ALWAYS turned out stunning workers.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I have bred dogs proffessionally for the police. When done honestly i.e. nobody lies about parentage I think crossing breeds is not only acceptable, but a responsible thing to do.

The KC would have you believe that the only dogs fit for purpose are pure bred dogs and we can see how far that has got dogs.

I have experience of introducing crossbreed working dogs to the police in the UK in the shap of the xMalinois, Malinois x GSD and Malinois x Dutch Herder. I have in excess of 50 of these dogs operational.

If you put 2 dogs togeather that were designed for a similar purpose and are of a similar build and nature you will in my experience get good dogs out as a result.

Best of luck with your pup and don't let anyone run it down

last year I got myself a springador and she is turning into a little cracker. Had her out last week and took her 40yds downwind of a cull. Her head picked up, then she darted straight into the animal, excellent to watch. Now it is a case of of getting her onto some trails.

Nowt wrong with little x-breeds