Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shotgun for hire.

Shotgun for hire.

I have a syndicate member that has taken up paid pigeon decoying and goose and duck flights. Some of these can be firing 250 cartridges. He has an old SBS worth £300 which isn't up to the job.
    He works offshore and earns good money, i am off sick at the moment and am on £120 a week ESA. He has borrowed my Beretta 3 shot several times now for these jollies and was wondering what would be a fair price for letting him use and abuse this gun?
    Its a full strip down and clean each time as i am OCD on maintenance.
    He is a SGC holder and is insured.

if he's borrowed it 3 times and is earning, then I would propose that he buys one for himself, maybe yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Druid View Post
    if he's borrowed it 3 times and is earning, then I would propose that he buys one for himself, maybe yours.
    +1... There's a very nice Beretta AL391 for sale on here that he might like!
    Sako 75 6.5x55 - Z6i 3-18x50. Sako 75 .308 Habicht 2.5-10x56. Beretta 690. Benelli M2.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Think he's abusing your good nature Dotty.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Well spied!!

Are you allowed to hire out shotguns? I know that you are not allowed to charge for the use of an estate rifle although some do.

Are you allowed to take fellow syndicate members for a ride?
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

hire of a gun to be used on duck and geese where it might get near salt water ,has to be £100 ,and then i would only let out a greener single or a aya boxlock ,and use the money to have the tattoo that says mug taken of my forehead

Could said Beretta abuser not pay in socks?

(New or used)
    Last edited by Orion; 27-03-2015 at 12:14.

A decent bottle of malt for each loan would seem fair, not rental for the gun but payment for the OCD clean.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.