Quietest .223 silencer

Crosshair243

A bit of help needed here. I'm looking to buy a new silencer for my .223. The only consideration is noise reduction- I'd like it to be as quiet as possible. What do those of you who have tried lots over the years recommend as there seems to be so much choice now. I've had T8, Roedale and Predator 8 on various rifles and would be looking for something much quieter than those.
Cheers in advance,
Andrew

I have a Jet Z on mine which is a lot quieter than the T8 I had, but it is on the heavy side.

Jetz, I've had all manner of moderators and none came close.

Another vote for the JetZ .- Quietest I have used and doesn't give the dreaded T8 signature mark on the barrel.

If you like the over barrel design - the DM80's are pretty good too

ATB
Alan

Last edited:
Thanks guys, a few there to research. I'm not particularly after an over-barrel one as its purely for lamping so length isn't an issue.

Another vote for the JetZ .- Quietest I have used and doesn't give the dreaded T8 signature mark on the barrel.

If you like the over barrel design - the DM80's are pretty good too

ATB
Alan

Interesting that you like the DM80, I use one on my .308 and I think it's scrap, the finish isn't great and sound reduction poor at best.

When funds allow it will be replaced by another JetZ or SL5.

I have a dm80 on my 204 and it's a lot quieter than both of my mates 204s that have jet z cqbs and a-tec mods on.

the cqb is a cracking mod. had a number of them sulerb sound reduction and build. I think if ase come up with a cal specific one it would be even better. now I know the cqb says for 223 but they have a 7.2mm exit hole so not really calibre specific

Last edited:
Back