Wow - check out this ... Can almost feel the fear as that bear comes close

change of pants time there!
not something we are used to coming across on a quiet weekend stalk over here!!!!

Disappointing that he's gone all straight pull 7x64mm & 300 win mag on us, now all those '270 is perfect for Driven Boar' owners can't use him as a ref....:D
though we know full well it is more than capable...

Well b$&&er me that was phenomenal!!!!
What a shot! Really want to add boar to my list now ... Been looking at 7x64 now I really will when the .25-06 needs a re-barrel 😄

The quality of the videography was way better than usual fair ... Impressed all round

Paul

what a phenomenal shot and sportsman , I get the feeling that if he was your neighbour he would be a perfect gentleman and not poach your boar , no real need to by the looks of it (he might wipe your eye though)

Seen it before but it's irrelevant as i'd watch it again and again. Just phenomenal shooting skill. Absolutely first class.

I agree with Tack. Strikes me as a man who would coach you on your technique but without even the slightest hint of talking down to you. His shooting does all the talking, if he gave me advice on hitting a moving target i'd bloody listen!

Last edited:
Disappointing that he's gone all straight pull 7x64mm & 300 win mag on us, now all those '270 is perfect for Driven Boar' owners can't use him as a ref....:D
though we know full well it is more than capable...

I guess it all depends on which manufacturer is sponsoring the latest Wild Boar Fever production - Merkel with the Helix appears to be the latest carabine d'jour, but we've seen Blaser and Sauer in the hands of Franz Albrecht before now.

Franz albrecht ?
1st time I've seen him , he must Have some depth of pockets to be able to do that , that regularly to be so damn good

He does one across as a decent sporting type ... Freezer not empty of piggie bangers if he's around !!

Paul

I guess that's how it works PM

Good on him , can't make out a guy from a video clip but , as said above ... Seems a decent guy ...

I've met some lads who very well off & they earned it & very very decent guys .

Would live a go at that tho !

Someday

Paul

He's obviously a cracking shot but having now watched a number of, it has to be said, quite repetitive "Wild Boar Fever" type clips, a couple of things strike me, firstly you don't get many runners with boar, once hit they seem to collapse in most cases, secondly the straight pull actions are very fast and ideal in a driven game situation. I've yet to get my hands on a Blaser but did handle a Merkel Helix last year and it's fair to say I now lust after either of the two. If I had deep pockets it would be the Blaser with the thumbhole stock.

You don't get many runners with these guys, no, but you most certainly do with ordinary shooters, hence the army of people with dogs, short stubby rifles and daggers who follow up behind...

Franz albrecht ?
1st time I've seen him , he must Have some depth of pockets to be able to do that , that regularly to be so damn good

Check out the list of sponsoring companies for the Wild Boar Fever videos and the associated firearms, clothing and equipment prominently featured. I doubt that he or the other shooters had to reach into their own pockets to participate. ;)

........................... hence the army of people with dogs, short stubby rifles and daggers who follow up behind...

Some even lead from the front!

On a recent Monteria in Portugal which I was fortunate enough to participate in thanks to the generosity of a forum member, this bad boy was taken by one of the young dog handlers when it went into stand-off mode against some of the Podengo/Dogo Argentino crosses. Carrying a 12" or so bladed dagger, (and being willing and able to get up close and personal with it), can be very useful if it comes down to treating old Mr Tusker to a dose of extreme prejudice or losing a dog or two! :D

View attachment 54701

Back