Basc and BDS propose an addition to DSC L2

jimbo123p

Basc, supported by the BDS, have proposed an additional clause to be added to the L2. They propose that not only have you to do an additional witnessed stalk every five years a push button test paper similar to CITB health and safety must be done again every five years. Test fees have still to be worked out. There is also a proposal that an AW call report a stalker seen to fall short of the required standard whereby that stalker may be required to resit level 2.
If these go ahead it is just another licence to print money. I am all for maintaining standards but why take a system that is severely flawed and add more flaws,
Jim

Hmmm why am I not suprised this is possibly going to be implemented :rolleyes: there has been rumour that these two bodies where angling to bring something else into the mix.

WHO makes up all this stuff. Is this really what the members of BASC and BDS want or need. The government have not implemented anything similar for driving licences (yet)

If indeed it is true, are these organisations really taking care of us as members ? not that I am a member of BASC, but I am a member of BDS. I was talking with another stalker from Newcastle last weekend at the Kent Gamefair, who was complaining bitterly about his Level 2 and the way BASC had handled it. Evidently very little response was coming his way from HQ. He had my sympathy as I have walked that path before, never to return.

If they try this on, then leave the organisations concerned. I will cancel my membership of BDS if they try to push this through. Lets wait and see. I am sure David from BASC may respond to this thread in the near future.

Sikamalc

Just as an aside, the recent thread on starting an organisation on the SD Site makes one think. Here we are possibly being led up the garden path again, and many are saying stay with the organisations that could be responsible :confused: I will take my hard earned cash else where if this happens.

Last edited:
Leave is the answer. I only need to join one organisation for insurance reason. Chose the countryside alliance, as they cover all sports to do with the countryside. If memeebers start to leave these organisations they will have to start to listen.

Leave is the answer. I only need to join one organisation for insurance reason. Chose the countryside alliance, as they cover all sports to do with the countryside. If memeebers start to leave these organisations they will have to start to listen.
Duncs, if all you want is the insurance, you have given up your right to moan, if your lot veer away from your perceived ideas of their support for you.

I did not read it. I made it up to see if anyone would bite,
Happy first of April, folks,
Jim runs for cover,

:thumb:

Dont laugh to much because they are already talking about current updated checks running along side the DSC2 implemented by LANTRA so its not as funny as you might think:)

Yes, Stu, it will come about. However I believe the move will be away from the current system and will be a governing body registration, SNH or English/Welsh equivilent. There is too much money in it for them to not get their fingers in the pie. The DCS will possibly pursue an upgrade of the Trained Hunter. for tha reason I would say every L2 should apply to DCS for registering on the roll. Better to get on it while L2 is high enough.
I was going to do the roe deer chased by corgis in palace garder,
or the roe does shot by mistake outside Sellafield as they had six point antlers of medal quality but with the threads running I though this one was better bated,
JIm

you might think this is funny but when my lad spoke to the basc they said well look at it this way level one is a bronze badge level two is a silver badge this leaves scope for a gold badge in future so dont hold your breath it will probably come in the future as they try to screw us even more in there quest for more funds and power over us stalkers . we got screwed over lead shot for wildfowling the scots got it right we will eventualy will be screwed on lead bullets as the basc seem to give in to tree huggers and JOHN SWIFT WILL BE ON HIS WAY TO A KNIGHT HOOD FOR SCREWING US ALL AGAIN SORRY FOR RANT BUT YOU WILL ALL SEE IN THE FUTURE WHAT I MEAN MUDDY

Yes, Stu, it will come about. However I believe the move will be away from the current system and will be a governing body registration, SNH or English/Welsh equivilent. There is too much money in it for them to not get their fingers in the pie. The DCS will possibly pursue an upgrade of the Trained Hunter. for tha reason I would say every L2 should apply to DCS for registering on the roll. Better to get on it while L2 is high enough.
I was going to do the roe deer chased by corgis in palace garder,
or the roe does shot by mistake outside Sellafield as they had six point antlers of medal quality but with the threads running I though this one was better bated,
JIm

Absolutely spot on with that comment its imperative that holders of the DSC2 get registered on the list else it will be another bag full of shite to wade through:-|

Well I agree wholeheartedly with Muddy on this one. As I already mentioned this has been brewing for a while, with many rumours running around. Who are these so called friends of ours that tell us the bench marks that we should achieve, when quite frankly many that I have met couldnt stalk a sheep in a field!!! They usually look the part at the gamefairs, and talk with a plum in their mouths........................ hmmmm most wouldnt take their rifles out if its raining.

Await incoming now :-|

Sikamalc, (Common ol garden stalker) ;)

PS wheres our David from BASC

Last edited:
I did not read it. I made it up to see if anyone would bite,
Happy first of April, folks,
Jim runs for cover,

:thumb:

:cuckoo: Nice one Jim :rofl:

Gold, Silver, Bronze..........................Perhaps this already exists.........L1, L2 and BDS Deer Managers Course(Lantra Accredited)?

Very good - had started reading the thread and was but to have a rant. But am sure there is more than a grain of truth. Bear in mind that DCS is a government department with plenty of people dreaming yet more policy - Civil servants are paid to do this and like regulation.

This is not a joke, but I also paraglide and were recently subject to a consultation by the CAA over whether or not chinese lanterns - you know the tissue paper ballons which have a meths ball underneath and which you light (read Danny Champion of the World to get full instructions) - where a a serious dnager to other aircraft users, and also whether they would give rise to unneccessary call outs to the rescuse services for mistaken as flairs!!!!

Don't give any ideas about possible regulations.

i have my level 2, how do i register? thanks :confused:

Back