Screw cut

Go some where reputable and recommended. Also know how long its going to be, mine was subcontracted to an engineering firm who did a great job but I found I was waiting for them to fit it in, and missed the buck season. Re proofing is not absolutely necessary unless you want to resell the gun as I understand it, I had mine done as a then new rifle shooter thought I might be trading up, which I have not as it happens. you will need a variation for a mod unless you already have a slot on your fac Tom

Turnright Galloway

Tel. 07793 753650

Wallace McCrea will do an excellent job. He won't keep you waiting and, should you be in the neighbourhood (unlikely possibly if you're from Lincolnshire and he's in Kirkcudbright, a little way over the Scottish border) he will in all likelihood do it the same day. A friend and I toddled up from Cumbria mid morning. He gave us a cuppa and looked at the rifle, suggested we pop off and get a bite of lunch and he had it done when we returned. Excellent price too.

The OP lives in Lincolnshire, Kershaw (who is excellent) is in Hull which is close by (relatively).

If you phone the man and book an appointment, he will do the job while you wait...

Kirkcudbright?

Definitely go somewhere good that's been personally recommended. I went to my local place, had my pants pulled down over the price, took 5 weeks and looked and shot as if it had been done by the local college students on an old hand lathe. Just had it re done and another cut and threaded by Paddy Dane and it looks superb and cost almost half price, just got to zero them this week now.

Back