buck fever

tell you what, I am in no rush to pull the trigger on the first buck of the season, but despite of the very many bucks I've shot, the first of the season usually provokes a touch of the shakes...I love it, reminds me it's still exciting!

Well is it only me that has got buck fever only2 hours 28mins to go:stag::norty::norty:

If not under pressure to bring down numbers I refuse to shoot them in velvet, seems such a waste.
Dosnt bother me anyone else doing it, just something I personally don't like.
And they won't start to clean up here for a wee while yet.

If not under pressure to bring down numbers I refuse to shoot them in velvet, seems such a waste.
Dosnt bother me anyone else doing it, just something I personally don't like.
And they won't start to clean up here for a wee while yet.

Agree 100% who would want to shoot bucks in velvet unless
absolutely necessary, though I have seen a couple clean.
(still far to light)

Buck.

Last edited:
Agree 100% who would want to shoot bucks in velvet unless
absolutely necessary, though I have seen a couple clean.
(still far to light)

Buck.

I'm not sure it makes much difference to the buck itself. Really the only reason we leave them until they're out of velvet is because of our own appreciation of the aesthetic.

This is a bit like the thread around shooting does in March, with there being arguments (or at least opinions) on both sides.

I'm not sure it makes much difference to the buck itself. Really the only reason we leave them until they're out of velvet is because of our own appreciation of the aesthetic.

This is a bit like the thread around shooting does in March, with there being arguments (or at least opinions) on both sides.

But we'll not end in a bun fight Dom.:gheyfight:

Buck. :tiphat:

Last edited:
Back