Ducks In My Swimming Pool

Klenchblaize

Hi

How best to go about deterring ducks from frequenting our outdoor swimming pool given the not inconsiderable H&S issues they pose?

Would one of those large hawk-like kites on a pole you see sited in a field of pees keep them away and if not what is the legal position with shooting out of season or trapping?

Thanks

K

Hi

How best to go about deterring ducks from frequenting our outdoor swimming pool given the not inconsiderable H&S issues they pose?

Would one of those large hawk-like kites on a pole you see sited in a field of pees keep them away and if not what is the legal position with shooting out of season or trapping?

Thanks

K

Could always try a tarp cover with some floats on the edge? cheap and cheerful

R

im available for bird scaring duty second week in june for ten days!! ,ps i,ve got my own swimming shorts and sunblock! i will keep the little buggers out, failing that lay a trail of bread up the steps across the lawn and into the kitchen,:norty:

Last edited:
Thanks

It's a bit more involved than that as they are crapping all around the pool, pre bathing shower and changing cubicles. We also open the pool from 07:00hrs until dusk so when not frequented by chicks the ducks drop in!

Ironically there are no fewer than 5 large ponds and 2 small lakes within Leica 10 power spying distance but still they find our pool as attractive if not more so.

K

Since having the indoor pool installed with lockable doors we have no problem at Legolas towers with ducks or itinerant An Du Ru Fox's!!!

Joking aside, with Nesting around the corner maybe a heron decoy on the side of the pool might convince your visitors to go elsewhere.

How about a net suspended a few feet above the pool (8'?), may not look very pretty though unless done properly.

maybe a bit of,conetrol may cure your problem ,im afraid it might get worse as the saps rising around here and ducks are everywhere,

Anyway, what you doing using an outside pool in this weather, you'll freeze ya cobs off man :eek:

Hot n sunny down here Rod, summer may even have arrived...!:)

Gale force winds, snow and hail today here. Then sunshine, then the squalls for an hour again, and so on and so on..

Spent the sunny gaps on the fair at two sites (work) but still bitterly cold.

Back