Stalking Leases

SDM

Could someone please explain that when you selling an item on here you have to put how much it is for sale yet when somebody's is selling a syndicate place they can just put pm for details are the rules any different :-| you are still selling something surely it would be easier to put full description and price ????

Perhaps the price to pay can be variable. If you have a lease for a certain amount of money and you form a syndicate, then how much each syndicate member pays depends on the number of members.

It would take up too much room to list all the variations with it's revelant costs for stalking.
Just a short example,
Do you want to be collected from a Hotel, do you want to hire an estate rifle, what species do you wish to stalk, what quality species do you wish to shoot, do you want to keep the carcas, how long do you wish to stay and the list goes on.

It would take up too much room to list all the variations with it's revelant costs for stalking.
Just a short example,
Do you want to be collected from a Hotel, do you want to hire an estate rifle, what species do you wish to stalk, what quality species do you wish to shoot, do you want to keep the carcas, how long do you wish to stay and the list goes on.

I read the OP to be referring to membership to leases/syndicates coming up for sale, not client stalking, which sounds like what you're describing......
quite agree with him too to be honest, why be shy, there must be a price tag.....

The amount of slagging from forum members would soon stop any opportunities from being advertised by cheesed off lease holders if the majority of prices were disclosed IMOA

I read the OP to be referring to membership to leases/syndicates coming up for sale, not client stalking, which sounds like what you're describing......quite agree with him too to be honest, why be shy, there must be a price tag.....

Yes you are correct, most of what I posted refers to individual stalks but there are still Lease rules, whether you can keep the carcas, if not, how do you dispose of it, are there booking in rules or a system of recording visits and results etc, still quite a bit to go into, so again my answer is the same.
But then again, a price could be posted and 'PM for further details' would also be good :doh:

I've made comments myself on items for sale. However with stalking and to a similar degree syndicates, I can see why someone may choose to be limited with the details. For one it may filter a few people out (from what is likely to be many). Let's face it, if you can't be bothered to send a pm with a little detail then are you really interested?
Also a pm with a contact number may result in you getting a call, and both parties will soon make a impression if things are for them or not.
Fortunately as a result in me being open in my search for stalking, after what was a poor experience with another lease holder I have been offered a number of places. After discussion, I found some would not have been for me. Some didn't offer the "value" I was looking for or have anywhere a large enough cull required for the days I normally spend stalking. So quite courteously I declined a couple of offers. There will be people out there that will get all they want from those places, and I'd rather they have the pleasure. Fortunately I've landed on my feet on a great bit of ground and can't wait to get up there and scope some ground out.
So in short if your'e seriously looking for a place you got to do some leg work, spend more money than you'd like on stalking to meet people in "the know" and be prepared to get stuck in. A word of warning though. There's some right dogs out there so it is a case of buyer beware.

Last edited:
The point being if your selling lets say two syndicate places you must know the price you want the acreage so why not advertise as such if I want to sell a scope on here I have to put the price so what's the difference ?? If I've got 1000 acres of red roe and sika south west Scotland near Tarbett and annual cull of 30 deer a syndicate place is £1000 for some people the price is to much for some to far away for some not enough acreage so therefore you only be pm of people who are actually interested the point really I was trying to make is if your selling something on here you had to give a price maybe I'm wrong !!

Agreed. In most cases it would be far simpler to put a price and preferably more detail on what's on offer. However unfortunately in this cloak and dagger world of stalking (apparently a gentleman's sport) people are very wary of giving much away until they know a little more of whom they are dealing with. Often people will need the names of potential stalkers prior to actually signing a lease, or even at the time of tender. So they don't want to give the game up too early.
It's the main thing in stalking that spoils it for me, that there is such a lack of decency leading to closed doors and ill feeling. I don't see it changing any time soon. But there are good uns out there.

I would say price is not on because everyone is tendering for the same ground, you often see people asking for people then a tender goes in,atb wayne

stalking leases aren't for sale, they are simply available to the right candidate.
If the advert stated " x, y and z £650" you would get someone replying I'll have it thanks, PM me payment details.

E
Whatever the reason, it's still contrary to the site rules not to put a price in the advert.

If you had read previous posts you would have seen admins reasoning why price was not required on ads for stalking, if anyone is not happy with that, take it up with admin.

Stalking leases are not for sale I'm afraid they are and if your wallet is big enough you will get what you want as wood master says too much cloak and dagger these days if you are tendering for a lease there will still be a figure that a would be licencee would be looking to pay. The only reason I brought this up a friend of here enquired about two offers of ground on here and one on Facebook and was given the run around no straight questions and no given straight answers so why would he part with his hard earned cash all he wanted was acreage price cull figures and we're said grounds were maybe that's too much to ask when your looking to join a syndicate were you would expect to be some honesty involved?? :cuckoo:as said earlier maybe Admin could clear this up :D

I'm in a couple of syndicates and the syndicate lead shares a copy of the annual invoice to all the members each time the lease renewal comes up. If your syndicate doesn't have open book accounting, don't join it.

Regards

JCS

A bit off the OP but...I've been in many syndicates over the years, some good some not so. However, when looking at a place on a syndicate the price is what the price is. If you don't like the price then don't join. The cost of the lease is irrelevant, it's the price that you're willing to pay that counts.

Now some are over the top but there are other that offer good stalking and plenty of Deer on the ground. I myself have had a lease for over 10 years and have had a successful syndicate on it for 8 years, the success is largely to do with the people in the syndicate and the way that the diary is run.

Well thank you all for your comments but there still is adverts for stalking without prices even the people that run site put there prices on to be viewed my tin hat is on chin strap secured fire away people who don't want to disclose what they have but wish for honest huntsmen to part with hard earnt and there paperwork before assessing if they are the stalker / potman / or somebody who can find a polar bear in a ploughed field.

Syndicate places are not 'items for sale', and to be honest I can't see how anyone can claim they are. Syndicate places are not offered (generally) to the first person who says they will take it, as there is likely a vetting process. First come may well not be the person who gets it. Items for sale are generally sold to the first person who says, 'I'll have it...'. Two separate things entirely....

Another good reason for not publishing a cost are the comments I've seen previously when someone does. Everyone with an opinion come on and says it a ridiculous amount for the acreage and so on.... When in fact the acreage is absolutely irrelevant. The number of deer shot is what makes something worth the money, not the size of the ground but needless to say a massive off topic discussion arrises.

Back