Thread: Hello from North Oxfordshire / Warwickshire Border

Hello from North Oxfordshire / Warwickshire Border

Hello All,
    Just moved into the area and getting settled. Recently completed 22 years military career (army) so life has changed pace a little. Shooting wise I enjoy almost all of it, most of all deer stalking (completed DSC1 5 or so years ago), but pigeons, rough shooting and driven game are always a great day out. This week we got a vizsla pup, she'll be primarily for deer stalking, always had labs so should be an interesting experience, safe to say I'm looking forward to it all.
    Thanks and best wishes

SW Birmingham (Rubery Rednal)
    Welcome to the SD, Robbo!

You'll find lots of good info on here, a great deal of banter, and some proper characters. There's goodwill and generosity in abundance too... as well as folk with long memories for misdemeanours real and imagined.

So spin us some yarns about memorable days out, seek and impart wisdom, and generally enjoy the SD!

Mr. G.
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

Welcome from a stalker also rural to Banbury,(Northants). Who owns two hwv deer dogs.Wf1

Welcome to the site. A great place to get some info, and meet up with folks. There are a few gents on here, some even live quite close to you and shoot ducks. Watch em though they talk funny down Towcester.

Welcome to SD Robbo, always good to see another from the "shire" on here, I'm over in West Oxfordshire.

Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

Hello Mr G,
    Thanks for your message, and apologies for my delayed response.
    Great to hear the site is good fun with a few characters too! I hope life is treating you well and your managing to get out as often as you'd like.
    All the best

Thank you all for the notes of welcome! All really appreciated indeed.
    Just playing catch up after an overly busy bank holiday weekend.
    On the plus side my tickets arrived back and so can now go .308 shopping to replace old one. New gun will be composite stock I think.
    Good to hear from one and all

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses