Latest knife - The Lamb

David T

The Lamb 5.jpgThe Lamb 6.jpgThe Lamb 3.jpgThe Lamb 4.jpgThe Lamb 1.jpg

Hi

Just finished this project for a farmer friend. Blade is made in the Ukraine by Mamirzhon. Handle is Cocobolo, brass, red vulcanized fibre and dyed and stabilized box elder. Had 4 coats of oil and I may give it a couple of coats of Renaissance wax.

Thanks for looking and I hope you like it.

Cheers

David

Thank you all for your kind words. Please don't let looks deceive you though ! Cocobolo is a tropical hardwood that is commonly used for knives and gun grips as it hard, fine textured and dense. That means it stands up well to repeated handling and water. Vulcanised fibre is very tough and has a high resistance to penetration. In stabilised wood the moisture is forced out of the wood and replaced with chemicals that penetrate the wood grain and fibre making it one solid piece that is highly resistant to cracking, warping and moisture. The oiling and wax will only add to the appearance and practicality. All in all pretty low maintenance and practical for a hunter or shooter.

So nice to see a well turned out blade

you must be very proud to have the skills to turn out such a piece, very very nice

thanks for sharing

phil

Beautiful and a handle which is comfortable and natural to use from any angle.
What kind of steel is it in the Mamirzhon blade?

David hasn,t been on in a while,he does some beautiful work.this is one of the old threads that was resurrected.;)

Hi
Sorry but I changed jobs around 6 months ago and shooting and my knives have had to take a back seat for a while. Not been doing nothing though and made a nice wee clip point recently. Can't upload pics for some reason so there are a couple of pictures in members pictures and hopefully my gallery. Hope you like it and let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks for all your kind words.
Cheers
David

Back