Thread: Deer Stalking Outfitters

Cool Deer Stalking Outfitters

I thought to write a few line, about deer stalking outfitters, that I personally recommend.

At the top of my list, there is:

Prometheus or Simon Hawker that he is also an Aw, that as helped me thru the process of my Dsc2. I can not recommend Simon enough, he is a fountain of knowledge, patience, helpful and a great gentleman to be in company while stalking. I know that some of you have met and still deer stalk with Simon, I'm sure you can only agree.
    I have been out with Simon, many times now, I am a slow learner or maybe I just enjoyed the 6000 acres that Simon manages and have access, some spectacular woodlands, some very difficult to stalk, some easier, it all depends on you and how much you want to challenge yourself.

Sikamalc or Malcolm, again great gentleman, to be in the company with, Malcolm likes to share his stalking experiences, I could easily listen to him for hours in front of a log fire and a bottle of Ardberg after a long deer stalking day. Malcolm is very experienced, he is also an Aw, he manages some excellent ground and not extremely difficult to stalk, unfortunately for me, he is to far, 3 1/2 hours drive, been there for an all day stalk once, leaving my house at 2 am, it was a struggle to come back at night.

Pj Sporting or Phil Johnson, I have recently booked a day with Phil, he came recommended by a fellow hunter, that as joined me in the past, in a couple of walked up/driven Woodcock days. I called Phil, explaining, that I wanted to take out my 9 year old son for the first time, I also made clear, that it wasn't important to me, to "Pull the trigger", I just wanted my son to enjoy the day and to observe deer if it was possible and maybe...I repeat maybe, if a deer needed to be culled, we might have taken it. I personally think, that Phil. is the perfect host, coffee and bacon/sausage sandwich on arrival at the meeting point, my son and I, felt very at ease with his company, easy going, straight forward, very helpful, great knowledge of the land that he manages and Phil, knew the location and numbers of deer in various part of the estate, revealing us the good places as we were going along. We had a great stalk, on a group of Roe deer, (3 does and 2 Bucks, of which one was really big, 6 pointer), we managed to get in range, but I failed to notice, that a doe was resting against the edge row, BUMP, went all off, managed to catch up with them, 3 fields away, they came to rest under some apple trees, stalked into them and under the instruction of Phil we took the big buck, my son was over the moon, myself and Phil too, the animal was enormous, so big that I was
    Phil was a Gent, done all the hard work for us, I highly recommend deer stalking with Phil.

Photo of the day.....a day to remember for me and my sonClick image for larger version. 

Name:	deer stalk with eddie.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	934.7 KB 
ID:	54918

Good write up and a special day out with the lad, Nothing better than bringing your weans into stalking, well done and the guys sound like the type that most stalkers including novices would like to spend a bit of time with and learn a bit about how others do the biz as well.

Well done to you 2,