Poachers and Poaching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Is there anyone on SD who would admit to being a poacher?

Poacher :
n.
1. One who hunts or fishes illegally on the property of another.

Well I can quite sincerely say not me, ever !!! Used to go over the woods as kids and must admit to being involved (slightly) in the shooting of a peahen my mate thought was a pheasant (he always was a plank). I wasn't actually at the side of him when he shot it so not really guilty, only of the stalking.
Does that count as poaching ?

This is a pointless thread.
Who would openly admit to taking a walk on another persons land with a firearm?
Who would openly admit dropping a deer (just) the other side of the fence?
Who would admit retrieving a carcass that had crossed a little way on to a neighbours?

Don't ask silly questions or you may get silly answers. This is an open forum

I'll add to that....shut this thread before a moderator does:closed:

This is a pointless thread.
Who would openly admit to taking a walk on another persons land with a firearm?
Who would openly admit dropping a deer (just) the other side of the fence?
Who would admit retrieving a carcass that had crossed a little way on to a neighbours?

Don't ask silly questions or you may get silly answers. This is an open forum

I'll add to that....shut this thread before a moderator does:closed:

Obviously a poacher!!

I shot a stag on my neighbours land
With a shotgun out of season
Before you condemn me out of hand
It was for just for kicks no other reason

Go on the hunting life as they're all pretty much at it and happily admit it. They seem to think they're all noble Robin Hood types as opposed to the thieving scum bags they really are.

Obviously a poacher!!

Careful.

I have seen many things as a commercial guide. Some from experienced shots some from newbies, some from people that have only been stalking for 2 years;)

A pointless thread.

Go on the hunting life as they're all pretty much at it and happily admit it. They seem to think they're all noble Robin Hood types as opposed to the thieving scum bags they really are.

I go on there occasionally and it never ceases to amaze me how some of them think it's their right :eek: They pounce on anyone who sees fit to tell them that what they're doing is wrong and illegal. They defend it by saying it's nature and no-one owns wild animals.
What really puzzles me though is how brazen they are on a public forum about poaching and stalking with dogs, they don't seem to bother who reads it. Fair play to them, they don't hide it.
Makes you wonder if the site owner ever actually reads the forum :D I always thought the owners were liable to some extent ???

I only know a few local BDS members, and they have all been poachers in the past.

Quite frankly I fail to see why this thread has been put on the site. Who in their right mind would admit to it on an open forum (although having said that I have no doubt someone might be stupid enough to do so! as it appears to be quite alright to brag about it on some other sites)

If someone enters your property, house or garden and takes something that is rightly yours, it is theft, therefore I fail to see why someone would consider it all right to take deer or game off someone else's property and not consider it theft. Poachers are nothing more than common thieves, all be it dangerous ones sometimes armed with a rifle or shotgun.

This thread is closed as I can see it gradually descending into something that I would rather not see on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back