One substantial fox!

merlin

We were out lamping on Saturday night, and after a while picked up a fox sat on a field edge.

My mate flattened it at around 160 yards, and we trundled forward to pick it - and all thought "blimey, that's a big bugger!"

It was a chunky dog fox, and was so big we decided to weigh it when we got back to the farm later.

Weight? 15kg or 33 lbs.....

One BIG fox.

That's certainly a big old boy, obviously been feeding well on someones poultry - Or a regular visitor to the local KFC takeaway!
The biggest I ever took was a 3 legged fox that measured 42 inches from nose to tip of tail. One back leg had been "lost" right on the knee joint which looked so cleanly done that it could easily make you think it was taken off by a vet!
I'll have a look through my photo storage hard drive and see if i can find a photo.

That's certainly a big old boy, obviously been feeding well on someones poultry - Or a regular visitor to the local KFC takeaway!
The biggest I ever took was a 3 legged fox that measured 42 inches from nose to tip of tail. One back leg had been "lost" right on the knee joint which looked so cleanly done that it could easily make you think it was taken off by a vet!
I'll have a look through my photo storage hard drive and see if i can find a photo.

I didn't have a tape measure....and didn't think at the time to put my size 10 next to it in the photo for scale. Doh! However long it as, it was a big bugger!!

I didn't have a tape measure....and didn't think at the time to put my size 10 next to it in the photo for scale. Doh! However long it as, it was a big bugger!!
Sorry if you took my post wrongly, I was not questioning your word or the proof of it's size with the photos you put up - In fact, if you read my post again you will see that I started by saying "That's certainly a big old boy" so I was agreeing with you about it's size!

Sorry if you took my post wrongly, I was not questioning your word or the proof of it's size with the photos you put up - In fact, if you read my post again you will see that I started by saying "That's certainly a big old boy" so I was agreeing with you about it's size!
No worries - I didn't think you were questioning it, I was kicking myself for not putting my boot next to it!! Slaps self on forehead. Really hard....!! :doh:

No worries - I didn't think you were questioning it, I was kicking myself for not putting my boot next to it!! Slaps self on forehead. Really hard....!! :doh:

Just a little tip: Rather than using a size 10 boot whenever I photograph a fox (Or whatever) I put the rifle on the bipod just behind it to help put the photo into perspective!

Edit: Just like The Tramp has done - But I suspect that his fox might not be dead, it looks like it's trying to "mount" the rifle - Dirty boy!:oops:
Another nice sized fox you have there The Tramp - Well done!

Last edited:
Back