Zeiss Retrofit Reticle

Fowler

Anyone had Zeiss retrofit / upgrade a scope from non illuminated to illuminated reticle ?

I did try calling them today but twice told that all sport optic phone lines were busy and they will call back...maybe they will tomorrow.

Last edited:
Zeiss called me today (even though he is on holiday this week) and told me it is possible to convert. Thanks Zeiss, good customer care.

I agree it that £400 is a large sum of money to add a little red dot, but when you think how much Zeiss parts will be and skilled labour it doesn't surprise me.
The scope will have to be stripped, reticle swapped out, wiring sorted, switch added etc all in a clean dust free workshop to a level that will last a lifetime.

I think the scope cost £1300 new (two yrs ago)...how much to sell on here? £900 ? ? and a new Victory equivalent ~ £1650 then the original quote doesn't seem so bad...

I agree it that £400 is a large sum of money to add a little red dot, but when you think how much Zeiss parts will be and skilled labour it doesn't surprise me.
The scope will have to be stripped, reticle swapped out, wiring sorted, switch added etc all in a clean dust free workshop to a level that will last a lifetime.

I think the scope cost £1300 new (two yrs ago)...how much to sell on here? £900 ? ? and a new Victory equivalent ~ £1650 then the original quote doesn't seem so bad...

i would say your get a 1000 back for it. and there are always secondhand ones about with ir

Back