Electric mincer from lidl, £29.99 3 year warranty!

Kernow_Stalker

Hi all,

http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-2491.htm?action=showDetail&id=22380

Went to lidl yesterday and stumbled across these, thought for the money id take a punt. Didn't expect to be using it so soon but my mate had a roe buck last night so used it this morning. Does exactly what it says on the tin. all the parts are metal and it feels very solid, did a good job and its less than the price of most hand mincers.....

Just thought it give everyone the heads up!

Cheers

KS

The price certainly belies the actual quality of the product. Its not top of the range at all but it really cannot be faulted for £30. Im sure the kenwood is better quality though

Hi got one a few years back, only lasted for a couple roe. Took it back got a full refund. The following year when on offer I brought another just incase I had a dodgy one first time round and it went tits up after a few times use.

If you are doing small volumes of mince, I would be more inclined to go for this manual mincer from Lakeland for £25, that effectively has a lifetime warranty:

I have burnt out a few of the cheap end mincers over the years, and while a warranty is fine, when halfway through a few pounds of meat to be minced a 3 years warranty isn't a whole lot of help.

Hi got one a few years back, only lasted for a couple roe. Took it back got a full refund. The following year when on offer I brought another just incase I had a dodgy one first time round and it went tits up after a few times use.
+1 exactly the same problem I had. The motor us not man enough and burns out very quickly.

Looks to be a very good copy of our Kenwood,:eek:

Steve

I use a Kenwood as well and have been pleasantly surprised how effective it is. It's got through numerous roe and muntjac over the years, most noticeably when the keeper asked if I wanted "one or two" muntjac and then gave me seven!

Dom

got one years ago from lidl must have put 50ish roe through it and it is fine, it was a 500 watt unit though so I suspect that will help

Dave

Sorry to thear hijack but those who use a Kenwood, which one please? Been debating the bushwear one but may be better off with a household name, depending on price. Too many bags of 'to be minced' venison in the freezer as I couldn't be bothered with the hand mincer!

Back