Why so many pointless threads lately?

FrenchieBoy

Just recently I have been seeing some pretty pointless threads popping up. I have always seen The Stalking Directory as a great place for picking up hints, tips and information but some of these threads seem to have no point or reason to them except to provoke arguments - And most of them are from overseas "shooters(?)". Just as importantly these guys who start these pointless threads seem to start these "argumentative" or pointless threads off and don't seem to want to follow them through or reply to them when questioned!
Can anyone explain why this trend seems has started?

Folk with nothing to say but who still need to say something.
Example...
One reply to a recent thread said "I can't be bothered to reply to this rubbish"..

Intelligent debate With humour is getting rarer.

Frenchieboy it is an open forum and therefore we encourage all to join and partake of polite discussion. However we keep a close eye on the site and will take the appropriate action if a thread starts to go sour. As of late we have had one or two pointless threads started, and a shot has been put across the bows so to speak ;)

Just recently I have been seeing some pretty pointless threads popping up. I have always seen The Stalking Directory as a great place for picking up hints, tips and information but some of these threads seem to have no point or reason to them except to provoke arguments - And most of them are from overseas "shooters(?)". Just as importantly these guys who start these pointless threads seem to start these "argumentative" or pointless threads off and don't seem to want to follow them through or reply to them when questioned!

This thread would appear to meet most of the criteria of your complaint….well done! :)

Alan

I'm unsure I want to answer this thread as you are an embraressment to stalking and should have your license revoked immediately.

A big big boy told me to say that and ran away. :D

Did I mention shooting a red stag with a 12ft lb. air rifle? Dropped him on the spot at 100 yards.........
:coat:

I'm unsure I want to answer this thread as you are an embraressment to stalking and should have your license revoked immediately.

A big big boy told me to say that and ran away. :D

Did I mention shooting a red stag with a 12ft lb. air rifle? Dropped him on the spot at 100 yards.........
:coat:

No you didn't mention it, was it a head shot?:stir:

I've been too busy to notice the last few months, but it is getting more difficult to think of a topic that hasn't been covered already and then getting the reply.... "use the search facility"
Problem is, if you search "bow hunting" or "500yd head shot" there's nothing :D

How about a thread about the thrills of strafing feral pigs from a chopper, overseas, where respect for quarry is not an ethical consideration but contrasted with the barbarity of halal slaughter in the UK?

I'd rather somebody posted something rather than nothing at all, you don't have to reply !

You could allways fall back on the old :old:,FOR SALE ploy ! :norty:if you had a waistcoat for sale that is,,,,,regards doug,:cool:

Have you seen the price of bird feeders? My missus has been badgering me for one. No idea why. She could go out and buy one herself.
i thought sod it. I went and made one today. Err, is that relevant? A calibre specific birdhouse?

Pointless threads like 20 pages of slagging off blaser owners?

Sorry, you meant threads that were started by foreigners.

You have a choice to ignore them. Why anybody would waste time debating the effectiveness of a 243 for more thirty + pages is beyond me.

Damn those foreigners lol!

Whilst I am not saying that there is no new chance to learn anything, I think it pretty likely that if one was to use the search function as it is intended that most stalking topics have been done (some to death). Therefore its probably inevitable that some non stalking related issues will be discussed. I try not to look at stuff on the .243, 6.5x55, head/neck shooting, long range and a few other because they introduce nothing new from the last time they were aired and descended into anarchy.

I'm an over seas shooter , and yes I've noticed . Then again , I don't start to many threads . I do , however , still really enjoy this site . I am a regular on a few hunting and shooting forums and it is difficult to come up with a thread that hasn't been covered . I don't have much time for threads that are deliberately confrontational , I find them pointless and don't respond to them . All in all , I think this is a very polite , with some exceptions , and informative forum . It's up to us to make it a better place , I'll have to try a little harder to come up with some hopefully interesting threads .

AB

Last edited:
Cause a lot of people rise to the bait, something i have noticed regularly over the past few years whilst watching from the background before even thinking of making comments on things that i knew a lot about. How are we supposed to bring new people into all sorts of shooting when they are chastised, slagged off etc when asking questions on something that possibly has been posted a few times But do you ever stop to think about visitors or new members not aware of searching sites for info, Maybe that is a question for the site owners to have several pages for newbies to look through with advice on how to best search for info, etiquette etc etc, This info could be on already and i have not bothered checking but members should always be thinking that just maybe the reply they give could show the name of The Stalking Directory in good light instead of pushing it downwards like various other sites have gone.

Cause a lot of people rise to the bait, something i have noticed regularly over the past few years whilst watching from the background before even thinking of making comments on things that i knew a lot about. How are we supposed to bring new people into all sorts of shooting when they are chastised, slagged off etc when asking questions on something that possibly has been posted a few times But do you ever stop to think about visitors or new members not aware of searching sites for info, Maybe that is a question for the site owners to have several pages for newbies to look through with advice on how to best search for info, etiquette etc etc, This info could be on already and i have not bothered checking but members should always be thinking that just maybe the reply they give could show the name of The Stalking Directory in good light instead of pushing it downwards like various other sites have gone.

Well said .

AB

Back