Thread: Hello from Cheshire

Hello from Cheshire

Hi I'm Brian from Cheshire.
    I work as a corporate clay shooting instructor at various locations all over the country.
    Past experience I was a N.R.A. RCO Assessor which taught SAFETY to the people who trained
    the civilians who wanted the qualification to hire & run a military range.
    I was a former side-by-side 410 British shooting champion for three years & on rifle was a runner up in a Welsh national using a borrowed club gun at the time.
    I also had my crossed rifles badge in the army & instructed in the 70s, when we had real guns SLRs & GPMGs etc. not the SA80s of today.

I have been a shooter for 50years now covering pigeon,wildfowling,game,target & stalking. Untill late last year there was six of us in a small established syndicate for 25 years shooting over 3000
    acres for Roe & also foxing done for the gamekeeper on part of the estate where it was used only for their let driven days.
    Have shot a lot in Scotland years ago on the Cairnmore estate at Newton Stewart mainly Roe
    but there was some fallow about as well.
    Now looking for anyone with over population deer problems ie roe & muntjack as my freezer is getting very low on meat lol. Lets face it, you don't know what chemicles are fed to animals in the
    main food supply chain these days.
    Always happy to share the bag with the land owner or give it all if the shooting is available.
    My shooting mate Bert has dogs so can easlily track where a deer has bolted too, after the shot.
    As I found out many years ago when one of my first roe actually made close to 150 yards away after a perfect heart shot.

Welcome Brian, sounds like you may have a good knowledge base to impart, Steve.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses