Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When carp attack

When carp attack

Any carp fishermen on here?....

When carp attack: Watch fish jump at rowers
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

That's nothing. Might I suggest you watch the following video . Warning - do not have liquid in your mouth while watching unless you want a coated computer screen.

I know one of these boys grew up not far from the filming location. Yes, it is true, they are not right in the head - but then, if I was younger I could probably be tempted into some of the same.

Hahahahahaha. I thoroughly enjoyed that. 5 minutes of highly amusing utter lunacy
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

I think that would be frowned upon in most carp lakes in England.
    He would have done better if he had a big basket and a frying pan handy.
    Scary bit where he was towed through the trees.
    Extremely weird and scary fish.
    Hopefully not coming here.

I've seen these things thrashing around in the reeds in a lake in Canada when I was paddling around in a canoe. Massive great ugly things they were...

Are they good eating?
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Now there's a practical man, bet he keeps a frying pan handy

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsmoke View Post
    Are they good eating?
    Looks like it...

Asian carp: Clean taste, bad image - News - The State Journal-Register - Springfield, IL

They're probably easy to catch, forget the rod, just take the landing net, more sport

If they're that good to eat, I'd be filling my boots. As you say, you'd just need a landing net

Much like the signal crayfish here in the UK, it seems not enough people are prepared to exploit a free & very easily-gathered source of top-grade food, while helping to actually control an environmental problem

They have competitions now hundreds of boats catch them anyway they can, then they go to market or fertiliser,one of those lads is going to be wrapped around a tree!!they have bony plated skulls and are even all through the missisippi river now they cant stop the spread, another one that got released through fish farms for aqariums that is even worse is the Spearheads as they are full of teeth!!,
    Last edited by AN DU RU FOX; 15-04-2015 at 21:51.