Thread: A great DSC1 experience near Ripon North Yorkshire

A great DSC1 experience near Ripon North Yorkshire

Myself and two pals have just enjoyed a great weekend attending a thoroughly brilliant DSC1 course organised for us (and 7 other candidates) by Jamie Allen of Yorkshire Deer Management and delivered brilliantly by Paul Crehan a BASC Deer Assessment Center accredited Assessor. I can thoroughly recommend this course from the quality of the advanced training materials sent out, to Paul's special blend of training methodology, discipline, disarming humor and pragmatism. I develop training and trainers as part of my job and I have rarely seen a trainer pick up on (and effectively address) the varying knowledge gaps of a group so fluidly.

I can assure you I have no affiliation other than having thoroughly enjoyed myself and I can recommend these guys unreservedly.

I've seen a few posts from North East members looking for a local arrangement and it took us just over an hour to get from South Shields to the venue at Wath which was around a mile off the A1.
    Cheers Brian

Thanks Brian it was a pleasure to meet you all.

Everyone seemed to have hit the books hard prior to the course which certainly helps and a credit to everyone as the shooting test was undertaken in horrendous weather.

I will announce the next DSC1 course date shortly which will be posted on the website and on here.

I will second that i was also on the course apart from the pouring down rain on the shooting test the bloke Paul Crehan was bloody fantastic the sort of chap you meet once every 10 years himself and Jamie ALLEN do their best to get you threw the DSC 1 , ANY guys out their wanting to do it get yourselfs forward .

all the best Paul K,