Following on from a range of recent threads I've decided to invest my newly released pension cash in a new magazine aimed at stalkers which will be called "Sporting Trousers."
The general purpose of the mag will be to address the issues, availability and problems with trousers in the area of deer stalking. It is intended that every article in the magazine will be sponsored by a well known trouser making company and will focus on how it is necessary to wear their trousers in order to effectively shoot deer.
With this in mind I'm looking to see what the SD members think of this idea and also to gauge the interest in various types of articles so, in the first instance, would you be interested in such a magazine?
If so would you be interested in material that focused on:
1) How the cammo pattern allowed you to get in closer than you could have if wearing your mother's apron.
2) How effective the fly zipper was when you wanted to take a leak?
3) How silent the trousers were thereby allowing you to get within 3 feet of the deer before slamming the bolt of your Blaser shut, but not before ensuring that children and vulnerable adults had been cleared from a 5 mile radius in case something should go wrong.
4) Whether the manufacturer was likely to release a new, modified, pair that you just must have if you are to shoot a deer on a time scale of every 1 month, 3 months, 6 months or annually?
5) The safety features of the trousers and whether they could be worn uncocked and, if so, whether getting decocked was a painful experience for the user.
6) The dangers of trouser wearing such as the potential to sit on a slightly sharp stone, jump up with a shout and cause a nearby crow to take to the air flying into the engine of a light aircraft which happens to be passing leading to it crashing into a small river and the avgas running down the river, flowing out to sea, setting fire to an oil rig and destroying the whole UK oil industry, economy and millions of lives.
Needless to say if other SD users have ideas for articles then I will do my best to ensure that their areas of interest would be addressed.