meopta or vortex!

cowsmart

As title which one as a cheapish scope for my first rifle ? Thinking of getting a .270 first then the .22-250

I've had a few Meopta scopes and still have a couple now. I love them and find them clear. Cannot speak for Vortex.

Hi Doug, sounds like you are getting on well with your Meopta then? Delighted you are. To be honest, I wish I had kept it! Still, I'm sure you are using it more than I did. Cheers, Rupert

I've had a few Meopta scopes and still have a couple now. I love them and find them clear. Cannot speak for Vortex.
PS I GOT MINE OFF RUPERT,best buy ive ever had cheers mate ,beat me to it rj yes its going on my 6,5 end of this week,:D and when im flush im going to find another to put on a rimmie,!!:D

Last edited:
I have a vortex pst viper can't fault as good as if not a little better than my mark 4 leupold its amazing scope and unconditional lifetime guarantee pretty good for the money

I'd say it depends whether you're after a "technical" scope or a more "classic" one. (Vortex for the first and Meopta for the second.)

I never saw an American or Asian scope even be close to a European one. This in low light performance. The most important thing in a stalking scope.
Meopta would be my choice.

Had Vortex binos and scope. Don't need another. Looked through the newer Meopta R2 range especially the 1.7-10x42 seemed one of the nicest scopes I ever looked through. We could compare to all other main makes at the show. There was a noticeable difference between older Meopta and the newer range.
Some far east binos are optically quite good but scopes seem to be in Euro hands.
edi

Back