Cuckoo

Crosshair243

I tried to film a cuckoo I was winding up by mimicking his call this evening but unfortunately, every time I stopped calling to pick up my phone, he or she would veer off.
I eventually got a small clip :)

[video]https://youtu.be/4DuXYReRKLA[/video]

I've been in the forest every day solid for the last two weeks, I've been hoping to hear the cuckoo but alas it may be a few weeks too early yet.

I've been in the forest every day solid for the last two weeks, I've been hoping to hear the cuckoo but alas it may be a few weeks too early yet.

I heard one on Monday which is three days later than when I usually hear one here in Berks :)

Your quite a bit further south than me, maybe a week or two before they arrive up here.
It's not spring until I've heard the cuckoo :D

Heard today in the Cotswolds. Been out in the garden every evening since Thursday and not heard until today, so just a arrived; it is the same (3rd) week of April as last year.

Swallows & cuckoo have arrived in my area N W of Inverness two days ago. Lots of insects about too. How do the birds know when the insects will appear - they do seem to time their arrival at exactly the right time.

Time to put the snow cammo away & get the bug suit out.

Ian

I saw my first swallow last Weds and in 2014 it was 5th April so a bit late this year, cukoos are very rare now rarely hear them and only in a few isolated locations.

D

Back