Thread: Hello from Huddersfield

Hello from Huddersfield

Hi there,

I am looking at getting into deer stalking in the yorkshire area.
    I am a member of Yorkshire shooting club and now have 6 months of full bore experience.
    However I am now looking to move away from the range and into hunting.
    I have no real hunting experience apart from a little air rifle on a small permission.
    I was just wondering what the best way was of going about this as I have no family or friends who do this?
    The club runs dsc courses but I don't know whether that is the first step or an accompanied shoot?
    Do I need to do my dsc regardless first?
    I do not yet have my fac as I use the club guns ATM.
    My other hobby is hill and country walking as well as being a general outdoors enthusiast.

It's a bit daunting for a beginner.

TIA for any help

Hi from another Yorkshire lad in answer the Dsc is not compulsory for an fac despite what the police / some providers on here may tell you , however as you say you've no deer stalking experiance so will probably find it very beneficial , I'd also suggest some paid stalks with a pro , contact john at Yorkshire roe stalking on here he's very highly recommended , pm me if you have any questions
    atb Jim
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

We'll come to the forum Graham .just do foxing at the mo my self and looking as you to get in to stalking so will be watching with intrest

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses