Left handed stutzen

palmer_mike

Is there such a thing as a left handed stutzen?
if there is they seem to be a rare as rocking horse poo!

i have a hankering for a left hand stutzen in .243, but not with a huge budget so likely to be second hand.

anyone know of where I might find such a thing?

Seem to remember seeing one on the Emma Custom rifles website a while back.

Maybe pop them an email? They seem to be quite good at finding that sort of thing.

I have seen a left handed Sauer 202 Stutzen...several of them.

Left hand Remington 700 actions are the most common, and re-inletted Mannlicher stocks are reasonable, so you could put one together for little money.

Sako made some left-handed Mannlicher Carbines in AIII and 75, but they are so uncommon that you will pay a premium.

+1
I've always liked stutzens and am a leftie.
While I can and do shoot a right handed rifle all the stutzens I have seen are right with a very right handed stock configuration.
Let me know if you have any success please Mike. I promise not to bid against you :)

i sold a left hand Heym stutzen a good while back and regretted it ever since ,now i use a boxlock rifle , left hand rifles are not good to find , and when you have found one they are not good to sell.

Just had a look into the Emma website...I came out as it was on the way to giving me a migraine.

Did you get as far as looking at their prices, the migraine would have been the least of your worries, you would have had heart failure!

Last edited:
I have a left handed sauer 202 stutzen in 308 win. Nice little rifle a bit of a kicker , ideally would have gone for 6.5x55 if it wee an option.
It's Looker for sure with a nice stock ,check out google images its the one in the antlers .but it gave a share of stock issues, came back from Germany recently so hopefully all is in order.
I also use a blaser r93 and in hindsight would prefer the standard blaser rifle with some decoration and high grade wood. But now that I have it I'm unlikely to move it.

Back