SGC & FAC "permits".

You ask for a temp here, NNNnnnnoooo! sorry we don't issue them.

That must be very reassuring for the denizens of Cheshire - presumably they must renew all FAC/SGC before expiry then? ;)

Or are they good at imitating ostriches?

Hello and sorry if I am contradicting you Uncle Norm but I think I am correct in saying (because I have read the Home Office "Guide on Firearms Licensing Law/ March 2015, Page 140, Chapter 15 'Permits', Paragraph 15.3) With reference to the 'Section 7' (Temporary) Permit it says: "section 5(1) of the 1988 Act allows the holder of a permit to purchase section 2 shotgun ammunition"

i.e. You can buy ammo for your shotgun but not for your rifle.

I really only came to know all of this because I too have had a delay in renewal, which was no fault of mine and was down to the ill health of my firearms liaison officer at the time. All sorted now, including the retired FLO. :)

Megsjockey. No need to apologise as you are not contradicting me at all. I didn't make it clear what ammunition I was referring to. The wording that you quote in relation to (non S1) shotgun cartridges is spot on.
Best regards.

When was that, this county FAD is currently issuing sec 7 for fac and the exp ammo is going into rfd storage.
I asked Basc and the answer was it is to due to the wording, as it only covers sgc on a sec 7
There for the exp rounds have to go off to be stored.

Tim.243

My FAC renewal was in Feb 2014. No probs with the Rifle and non expanding just that they have decided to go consistent on having expanding when not using it in the UK. Yes, I did involve BASC and as I have Boar legal calibres and my reason for having the 9.3 x 62 was for "use in Africa" I stood no real chance.

To their credit they gave me a Sec.7 just for the expanding ammo valid for 12 months. Yes, I was still allowed to "use it up in the UK" it stating so on the conditions.

I think theres a lot of deliberate heel dragging going on for whatever political reasons and we are getting the crap,ive just received an email after four weeks usual response NO then another week of waiting asking why,its a farce,a police farce,

My FAC renewal was in Feb 2014. No probs with the Rifle and non expanding just that they have decided to go consistent on having expanding when not using it in the UK. Yes, I did involve BASC and as I have Boar legal calibres and my reason for having the 9.3 x 62 was for "use in Africa" I stood no real chance.

To their credit they gave me a Sec.7 just for the expanding ammo valid for 12 months. Yes, I was still allowed to "use it up in the UK" it stating so on the conditions.

Have you thought about re-applying now that the revised Home Office Guidance is fully in force and constabularies are being directed by FELWG to align their firearms licencing administration with it?

Even though I have other 'suitable' rifles for UK boar and deer I was able to make a case for the 9.3x62, (primary good reason is use abroad), and expanding in the UK based mainly around sections 13.36, 13.37 and 13.9 of the Guidance, plus the necessity of being able to develop, zero and practice with expanding loads that would provide a humane outcome on any quarry species irrespective of where in the world they happened to be. It is becoming increasingly difficult for any FLD to refuse expanding in this type of scenario, as they are then leaving themselves open to criticism on animal welfare grounds - they just need the facts pointing out to them. ;)

If you want a copy of arguments I put forward PM me with an email addy that will accept attachments.

Have you thought about re-applying now that the revised Home Office Guidance is fully in force and constabularies are being directed by FELWG to align their firearms licencing administration with it?

Even though I have other 'suitable' rifles for UK boar and deer I was able to make a case for the 9.3x62, (primary good reason is use abroad), and expanding in the UK based mainly around sections 13.36, 13.37 and 13.9 of the Guidance, plus the necessity of being able to develop, zero and practice with expanding loads that would provide a humane outcome on any quarry species irrespective of where in the world they happened to be. It is becoming increasingly difficult for any FLD to refuse expanding in this type of scenario, as they are then leaving themselves open to criticism on animal welfare grounds - they just need the facts pointing out to them. ;)

If you want a copy of arguments I put forward PM me with an email addy that will accept attachments.

PM sent

Back