Webley & Scott Hurricane

jamross65

I'd been looking for one of these on and off for a while for the kids to play with. Many thanks to ChrisC who put me onto someone he knows who was selling this one. It's from the 70's and in mint condition. He threw in two pellet catchers and about 200 targets plus a load of pellets. May not let the boys near it now...image.jpgimage.jpg

Your bringing back fond memories when I was a boy many a day spent with the hurricane and my mate had the tempest pinging cans. You should have tried Bruce at tackle n guns over in the south side he has a collection of them

Your bringing back fond memories when I was a boy many a day spent with the hurricane and my mate had the tempest pinging cans. You should have tried Bruce at tackle n guns over in the south side he has a collection of them

You know I looked on-line, and the few I saw were expensive and tatty. This was £80. He even has all the original paperwork it came with that looks like it's never been thumbed through. Hopefully my lads will appreciate it and look after it too. Then sell on to someone else for their kids. Unless they ban them by then...:rolleyes:

Lol, I know! The old lad selling it was an absolute gentleman. He knew it wasn't for me and the boys would have fun with it.

I may **** you off a wee bit further when I tell you has has a BSA Airsporter Stutzen in same mint condition I've been offered as well for £250.

Have his arm off as you're looking at easy £400 if you can find a good one - lovely rifle and yes, very jealous! Careful, air gun collecting is addictive!

Last edited:
Have his arm off as you're looking at easy £400 if you can find a good one - lovely rifle and yes, very jealous! Careful, air gun collecting is addictive!

its mint, I saw it. I said I would have it...

Thanks for input, air weapons are something I don't know much about except what I learned in my youth...

No problem and good luck to you - they are really quite rare, especially in mint condition - good investment :thumb:

its mint, I saw it. I said I would have it...

Thanks for input, air weapons are something I don't know much about except what I learned in my youth...

If you get it can I have first refusal after Nicola Crankie bans air weapons in Scotland please.

Lovely! No ramp open sights so deserves a nice bit of glass on top!

Would there have been open sights fitted originally? There is a tapped and threaded recess for a for-end sight that has the screw in filling it, but no rear sight. Obviously there is a dovetail on receiver for the fitting of bases so I'm guessing the original rear sight would also have been fitted to this dovetail?

Yep - would have had open sights originally - ramped ring on the front and rear fitted to dovetail

Back