Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Offensive

I'd appreciate a curb on the indecent and racist jokes please, it is not only white bigots that have access to this site.

A little more thought would probably save some of us from being targetted by others with a lot more determination than you give credit for, remember the Fatwah placed on a Mr Rushdie?, also jokes can also be taken as criminally slanted by the authorities.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

That is of course the right statement. agreed.

Thank you Bud.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Any good jokes about middle aged, middle class, able bodied, white, protestant, heterosexual british men in full time employment? apparently they are the only group left that the comedians are allowed to pick on.

Funny old world....

Regards, Tyke.

Indecent maybe borderlone but to be honest i havent seen any overtly racist jokes on here (havent seen the couple that were deleted mind)

I think people are far too sensitive and read too much into these things

Is the refugee joke a racist slant or is it actually poking fun at our outrageous benefits system.

Is making a joke about a Muslim worse than making a joke about a german or a scouse

I got this text the other day

'A friend of mine is a bit disapointed with his new wife. She is gorgeous but it took her 3 days to hoover the house ............... turns out she is a slovak'

Now is that racist, sexist or harmless jest. I bet you could find people to argue all 3 cases! In actual fact in my opinion its a simple play on words and is no deeper than that.

As Tyke says, the only people who arent protected are the middle aged, middle class, able bodied, white, heterosexual british men in full time employment?

We do need to be careful but at the same time have a bit of fun

Account Suspended
    North Yorkshire
    Really its a bit like the middle aged, middle class able bodied white lady with extreemly large proportions who fell asleep on the synagogue steps and woke up next morning with a heavy dew on her
    Temp wasnt cold enough for frost.
    Last edited by Mannlicher_Stu; 06-04-2010 at 11:56.

I agree with the above comments and am not a pc type person, (one of my favourite comedians is Frankie Boyle) however this is a public forum and it should be treated as such and it was right the previous posts were deleted, they just crossed the line.

'What's the difference between a slice of toast and an Italian? You can make soldiers out of toast!'

It goes without saying that we don't condone anything that is or is intended to be offensive. If anyone finds the content of a post offensive or inappropriate they can report it by clicking the Report Post icon below the post in question and the admin team will be notified and can act accordingly.

Obviously the old adage 'one man's meat is another man's poison' applies though. It's impossible to set the bar for everyone, we can only act on what we ourselves would consider offensive, thus, if you find yourself being offended by posts and no one else is I'd probably recommend avoiding the jokes section and sticking to the stalking sections which, after all, is the main reason we are all here.

Jokes should be just that and not aimed at any group irrelevant of colour or creed.
    Most people do not understands Muslims or any thing related to the faith.
    If you respect others than you will be respected in return but by coming out with racist or derogatory jokes, it shows what type of person you are