vectan tu5000

User00014

has anyone tryed vectan tu5000 l mate of mine has given me 1/2lb to try for me 6.5 as he knows im on the powder change .

my mate rates it just looking for other opinions !

cheers lee

I've never tried it in a 6.5, but I do use it in my 303 and sometimes in my 308. It seems to perform well and is quite a clean burning powder. I think load data can be found on the Peter Lawman web site. (or is it Tim Hannam?)

I use TU5000 in my 7x57 loads with the Hornady 139 grain bullet (44.0 grains). I just wish I could get it loacally :rolleyes: I tried it several years back as it was cheaper than the American powders but I think that has changed now in Rip off Britain :mad:.

I did try it in the .270 but even using the data in the Nobel leaflet it gave excessive pressures even though I wa susing the exact componant they listed it blew a primer pocket so I have not used it again in the .270 as after all we have other options.

cheers BH ,

ive notched up 12 bullets in batches of 3 at 43 ,44 , 44.5 & 45gn with the 129gn hornady sst's and i will see how it goes , im hoping it goes well because my mate can get it 45 quid a kg !

a big saving considering ive just bought a pound of RL22 for 35.00

cheers lee

Hi Lee

I have used it in my 270, but like Brit, I ran into pressure problems before I reached the maximum recommend in the reloading data, I found TU7000 worked great in my 243 though.

ATB

Tahr

Back