Deer Initiative - Thunderclap

Ronin

Distinguished Member

For this spring’s Deer Aware media drive, the DI is using an online platform called Thunderclap.

What is Thunderclap?

It’s a new platform that allows people to pledge a Tweeter or Facebook message that is concentrated and unleashed all at the same time.

It’s completely safe and will automatically posts exactly one message on your behalf.

It takes seconds to join, here’s how:
1. Visit http://thndr.it/1vOnwh4
2. Choose from ‘Support with Facebook,’ Support with Twitter’ or ‘Support with Thumblr’
3. Authorize Thunderclap with your social media platform.
4. To add to more than one media platform go back to the link in step 1.
5. Under ‘Thank you for your support click ‘spread the word’ so your followers know you are supporting.

UPDATE: Can we reach the 200 milestone? Thank you to those who have signed up so far, let’s keep going!

Ok not even got the hang of the face book thing what's wrong with just talking to people?

I'm afraid it's a case of "Send 3/4d, we're going to a dance..."

The complete story is that the DI are looking to raise awareness of deer vehicle collisions - an entirely laudable aim. They are asking anyone with an interest in such matters, who uses Twitter and or Facebook, to register with Thunderclap. They can then 'pledge' an awareness message re: DVC which will go to all their Twitter followers of Facebook 'mates' - at least that is my limited, Luddite take on it...

Whatever this is it's not for me. I would never join any social media site that requires compulsory registration and a login to function.

Also, both Facebook & Twitter demand that Javascript is enabled. This simply isn't secure. SD doesn't need this even when you're logged on so there's very little risk.

Got to agree tell the DI to go Fe ck
Whatever this is it's not for me. I would never join any social media site that requires compulsory registration and a login to function.

Also, both Facebook & Twitter demand that Javascript is enabled. This simply isn't secure. SD doesn't need this even when you're logged on so there's very little risk.

I don't use or understand Facebook & Twitter but I still get several requests each week from total strangers to become their "friend".:-|

Some of those requests are from attractive young ladies which personally I wouldn't mind befriending but I think my wife may have other views on that. :lol: I can only think that someone who has my email address on their computer has had their address book hacked.

I don't use or understand Facebook & Twitter but I still get several requests each week from total strangers to become their "friend".:-|

Some of those requests are from attractive young ladies which personally I wouldn't mind befriending but I think my wife may have other views on that. :lol: I can only think that someone who has my email address on their computer has had their address book hacked.

You may have personal contacts on those sites, it's how it seems to work, someone who knows you, who knows someone else etc etc etc.:rolleyes:

Back