views on Zeiss 8 x 45 RF Laser Range Finder

I have the 10x and think they are great. Check Uttings for a price. They aren't light so you might want to handle some first........

We tested a whole load on Arran in the rain and mist,Zeiss came out on top everytime...
We tested:
Zeiss
Leupold
Burris
Leica

Zeiss had the best laser by a long shot,Leupold had what non of the others had,a "inclinometer"..

If the Zeiss had, had one of those it would of been perfect..

regards
griff

Woody,

Had a pair of 10x42 Geovids HD's and Zeiss 10x45 for a weeks loan from Sportsman Exeter. Purchased the Leicas as lighter and more ergonomic.

Lasers are equally as accurate, Zeiss better to use, bullet drop calculator a bit of a gimmic in my view.

Suggest you get both for a while and make your own mind. According to Sportsman they sell ratio of 10:1 Leica:Zeiss

D

Zeiss had the best laser by a long shot...

...so would that be a long shot to the boiler room or a long shot to the head... :doh: :lol:

On a more serious note, how do the various makes perform in rain or, come to think of it, mist or snow? Presumably not very well under the latter conditions but I would be interested to hear whether sensitivity or accuracy is affected by the various states of rain.

That would be a long shot to head, on the run, definitely no closer than 400yds, and in a 30mph wind,while driving the jeep at 25mph with the gun out of the window on Christmas day, 2hrs after sunset, and out of season, on somebody elses ground..
Hope that clarified your question..

Cannot comment on the accuracy of the lasers in adverse weather conditions,we targeted a rock @600yds with all the bino's and the only one that read it in those conditions was the Zeiss.It wasn't until we tried closer @400yds that the others started to work..

regards
griff

Another thumbs up for the Leica Geovids 8 x 56's have used them for a month or so now a lot and love them, manageable and the quality i think is top draw laser has no issues that i have encountered...

Alex

That would be a long shot to head, on the run, definitely no closer than 400yds, and in a 30mph wind,while driving the jeep at 25mph with the gun out of the window on Christmas day, 2hrs after sunset, and out of season, on somebody elses ground..
Hope that clarified your question..

Glad to see you have welfare and best practice foremost in your mind. Given those conditions I presume you would opt for a .222 with a 50g ballistic tip? :eek:

Thanks for the replies boys, still unsure may have to pop over to York guns (regrettably) and have a play!

Griff,

On Sat am I ranged a telegraph pole at 1,377yds with my Leicas. It was sunny though.

When I did my comparisons last autumn both the Leicas and Zeiss appeared identical in both range measurement and substrate reflectivity.

Its down to personnal choice

D

Back