Remy 700 bolt

norma 308

I've a 700 15 yrs old been pimped a little but basically Same bolt .
the problem seems to be the odd case won't load ...factory hornady ie bolt won't close and more than the odd case won't eject properly or just falls back to the loading port not clear .
once chambered all cases fire no misfires .
ive field stripped the bolt and lubed no difference .
cheers
norma

I've a 700 15 yrs old been pimped a little but basically Same bolt .
the problem seems to be the odd case won't load ...factory hornady ie bolt won't close and more than the odd case won't eject properly or just falls back to the loading port not clear .
once chambered all cases fire no misfires .
ive field stripped the bolt and lubed no difference .
cheers
norma

When you stripped the bolt did you look at the ejector?? Plunger type ejectors can cause these problems when they are hanging up.~Muir

Now your talking a different language muir I'm an old gamekeeper I needed YouTube to take the bolt apart lol:lol:
what shall I do ?
Cheers Norma

Hold the bolt in your hand and look at the bolt face. There is a little plunger sticking out. Take the flat of a screwdriver blade and push that in and out. See if it's hanging up. If it's stuck out, it won't allow a cartridge to be chambered. If it's stuck in, it will drop the cartridge off the bolt face as you draw the bolt rearward. If it's doing either intermittently, it will cause what you describe. My Howa has the same system, and did the same things. It is held in by a cross pin on the bolt body.~Muir

Thanks muir and thanks ian I'll be in touch if it's still playing up I'll take it with me on my trap run in a bit .
norma

Been and shot a few bunnies pretty sure it's a worn extractor loaded well extracted 1/10 times .
norma

When fired they left the cases in the chamber ,unfired generally pulled back into loading port the odd one ejected all the way cheers muir
norma

Back