Thread: first try at tracking

first try at tracking

Well had a go at the tracking.
    After 8 weeks of Sikas poorly paw, it s heeling well so I took her for a spot of training, took Sika for her first try at deer tracking, got the harness, blood and skin.
    Set a trail of about 20 mtrs, left for about 2 hrs then brought Sika out, took her to near the start
    of the trail and watched her go. Once she got the scent she was off, i was pretty useless with the lead and camera cant really do multitasking but hubby wanted to see vid, so i had to have a go. She did find it and was really pleased with her, she is really keen took me a while to get back to the truck with her, camera, skin and the long long lead. Cant wait to get her out again to go abit further, i am getting advice, this is my first and i could very well get hooked on this tracking mallarkey.
    You might wanna turn the volume down I got a bit excited when she found it.....

For all those experienced in this all advice more than appreciated.

Trying to add video, dont know if it will work

Hi Michelle
    Well done and congratulations on your first track with her. It must be a great feeling to see her do the job!. Its great to see the video, I think generally we could do with seeing more tracking vids on the web, so keep up the filming.

GPS Tracking - Training - Containment Systems for Dogs

Well done on the first track. Don't rush to make the tracks to long to soon. Training once a week is plenty. Always lay the trail with the wind to your back this stops the dog tracking air scent and helps keeps the dogs nose on the ground.

Thanks for posting the vid Michelle, brought a smile to my face seeing your dog working, well done, I cant wait to get a dog now!...I wonder who was happier , you or Sika