Muzzle Mount Moderator Help

stevenedwards

Can anyone help ? I am looking for the best option when it comes to a muzzle mount moderator to go on a .243. By "best" I mean sound attenuation, willing to trade a little weight for some peace and quiet, I will just eat fewer pies. Thank you.

ase utra jet z or s5 heavy short and dumpy but solid and last longer than me,atb doug ,,,,:thumb:google them to check weights etc

I'm very happy with my ASE ULTRA 'S'. Adds 600g weight and 115mm length. On my X-bolt .243 it sounds quieter than my unsuppressed .22 RF

I'd advise that you don't buy a second hand Roedale!(Or any other used modular moderator for that matter) - One of our number on here who shall remain nameless shot the front half of his Roedale down range only yesterday! It went 50 yards & gave those on the firing point quite a shock! - The deflected gas blast was like a muzzle brake!

Ian

There's a lot to be said for moderators that can't be stripped for cleaning and tinkering.
Ase jetz are made for fully auto fire...says a lot for the build quality.
Not the lightest but worth the weight for the confidence.

I'd advise that you don't buy a second hand Roedale!(Or any other used modular moderator for that matter) - One of our number on here who shall remain nameless shot the front half of his Roedale down range only yesterday! It went 50 yards & gave those on the firing point quite a shock! - The deflected gas blast was like a muzzle brake!

Ian

Shades of Monmouth!:eek::eek::eek::lol:

I currently use two jet z compacts for 6 and 3 years and can't fault them. They can't be stripped or reassembled differently. They are solid and give maximum noise reduction. On the downside they are heavy but i have short barrels to compensate. People also warm me they can rust, so I put them on a radiator after use and oil occasionally.

Ian

So that's the 2nd moderator that has gone down range in the last few months in Scotland. One of our other members had a similar experience before Christmas with another brand. I witnessed it and gas blast was horrible. Did nt though have enough velocity to trigger the chronograph, but it went a good 50 yards as well.

Back