Clippers

Dawnraider

Decided to give my munster a hair cut for two reasons really,because he seems to really feel the heat in summer and to maybe stop him picking up so many ticks, he's hair is quite fine and i have had a go at him with my hair clippers as the animal one's i've looked at online appear to look the same but they just don't cut it, they keep clogging up so i''m guessing they aren't the same types of blades, can anyone recommend a reasonably priced pair that would do the job ideally cordless ones.
Cheers Neil.

I've been down the cheap clippers road with our cocker and it's simply a false economy.
buy a good animal hair set, we did, and don't regret spending £100 on them.

Thanks guys,I guess I might have to fork out a bit more than i was hoping too but i will have to do it myself, there's no way he'd let anyone else do it unless he's knocked out he'd eat them alive, very much a one man dog with attitude i'm afraid.

I've been down the cheap clippers road with our cocker and it's simply a false economy.
buy a good animal hair set, we did, and don't regret spending £100 on them.
Do you know what make yours are Limulus?, someone has suggested Andis as good one to go for.

Stop!!!!!
Don't clip.
A dogs hair protects from the sun and heat as well as from the wet and cold.

Strip by all means by using a hacksaw blade as a comb.

Saw too many distressed dogs in the last two years suffering from heat stroke due to a clip Huskies being the main one.

I didn't want him too short kit, I managed do a small patch with my clippers with a no3 comb looked about right, he's undercoat is really thick, I recon you could spin it and make a nice jumper.

Back