Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: first bucks for 2015

first bucks for 2015

well the bbc weather foecast for the weekend in castle douglas area was horrific including sleet and long periods of rain I was gutted and thinking of not going up to our ground . myself and gelert decided we will go and choose our moments.we arrived at the gates at 4pm it was cool but nice and dry spot on I thought I headed up a little valley that I like and into a high seat after about 30min I seen the tell tale white arse of a roe in and out of the fringes of a 10 foot block of trees. a great excuse to get out of the seat I made my way through a mature block to where I had seen the beast not knowing if it was a doe or a buck.when I peaked out sure enough it was a buck game on moments later he was down my first buck for 2015 no trophy but he will make great sausages and the trip was already another great one . its only 6.30 gelert has also grassed one so the pressure is off . Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150424_182623_resized.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	870.6 KB 
ID:	55918
    so the forcast for Saturday was **** so it was decided not to bother going out in the morning to early. well they got that as wrong as you get it was a beautiful day popped to the pub for some scran and to say hello to the lovely laura at the clachan a great little watering hole.

for the evening outing I decided to sit put for as long as could in a spot where we had seen a few deer on the way out the night before . I do struggle to sit tight for to long but you know sooner or later there is a good chance that something will appear and sure enough something did another yearling buck still in velvet again this one had not done so well over the winter and was very small so he to was dispatched swiftly and humanly witch is so important to me . gelert had also scored for a second time what great weekend.
    the moral of the story is don't listen to the weatherman Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150426_085820_resized.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	731.0 KB 
ID:	55919no need to stalk on sunday morning so we packed them with ice and headed back to anglsey . thankyou Scotland for your hills and forests and what they sustain.

Nice write up, and very true. However that was not the case in South Ayrshire this weekend the weather was bang on.

I forgot to say that the bucks were covered in ticks in all stages . very paranoid about these horrible useless crtters at the moment .

Nice One great start to the season

Quote Originally Posted by TH4 View Post
    Nice One great start to the season
    cheers th4 is that you trev

well done mate very happy for you and gelert