predicting the future in the forest of dean?

Bavarianbrit

This is how it is done with driven dogs to keep the population under control. Sorry Mr Blair but this is real life.
Been on a couple of drives like this maybe Stalingrad was more exiting, JUST.
A bit of German helps you for the narrative.

Martin

Last edited:
Hi Martin,

I believe that method maybe a little too emotive for some folk round here. A fair few are taken with dogs but it is usually with the benefit of a torch!

My dogs pushed a group of youngsters out of some bramble last summer, I wasn't expecting it and was unable stop them in their excitement as instinct took over, they got hold a boar probably 6 months old, it still managed to shake off a GSP a GWP and a spaniel and get away, I can see why you use so many dogs

ATB

Tom

Thomas,
To our sensibilities it seems cruel and for me the way they left the dogs worrying a wounded live animal for too long when it could have been dispatched faster plus the shots taken close up with all the dogs milling around is not seen as a good practice in Germany due to the risks to the trained dogs.
But other lands = other customs and who are we to judge them. I for instance cannot condone the halal methods but I do not get onto a soapbox about it.
Martin

I quite agree Martin, some folk derive pleasure from all sorts of cruel acts but live and let live, I know my conscious is clear!

ATB

T

Wonderful stuff! I only watched the first half hour or so but everything I saw was done a.s.a.p. and with proper regard for the quarry. Very efficient. Who and where were they? (I really don't speak German so understood very little of the chat)

I'd love to talk 'terriers' with those guys and go out on their shoot with them. Thanks for sharing @Bavarianbrit.

Back