Where to get a new rifle built?

johnmcface

I am looking at getting a couple of rifles built and ideally I am looking for them to be reasonably similar to each other to aid in cross over between them. I have a rough idea what I am looking for as per below, could anyone recommend anyone to go to have them built? Ideally I am looking to spend up to about £2,000 each rifle.

223 Remington 700 sps tactical with 20" barrel threaded, single stage rifle basix or shilen trigger, tactical bolt knob, AICS AT 1.5 non folding chassis in pale brown

7mm-08 Remington 700 action with 22" barrel (border, Lothar Walther etc) threaded, single stage rifle basix or shilen trigger, tactical bolt knob, MC Millan A5 stock with integral adjustable cheek piece.

Cheers

neil mckillop

mckillop rifles 01189 333100.just after 8 in the morning

james jager on here,

and many more.

bob.

Neil did my 7mm-08 albeit with a Sako 75 action as per my needs. The rifle is pictured alongside the buck I posted in the write-ups forum.

I think I spent a bit more than your £2000, but not by all that much.

I honestly can't believe that some of you think that some of the names mentioned above would build a custom rifle for as little as £2000!:rofl:
Some of them would charge you that much to clean it!
Jager SA is probably your best bet, but I doubt even he could do it that cheap.
Why not just buy a couple of Sako's off the shelf and 'tweak' them?
Good luck though.
MS

I honestly can't believe that some of you think that some of the names mentioned above would build a custom rifle for as little as £2000!:rofl:
Good luck though.
MS
He isn't asking for a full custom?! Just a semi custom remi (much cheeper than sako?) and they will do it for this price, I'm having one done for a tiny bit less actually as we speak

The components alone will eat up your budget without any profits going to the builder. Yo may have to be going to have to settle for 1x £4K build. Just thinking, good £500 ish for stock, then potentiall coating and bedding, say £800 for barrel, then proof, then coating or bluing, trigger can eat up a couple hundred quid.

just saying...

I am looking at getting a couple of rifles built and ideally I am looking for them to be reasonably similar to each other to aid in cross over between them. I have a rough idea what I am looking for as per below, could anyone recommend anyone to go to have them built? Ideally I am looking to spend up to about £2,000 each rifle.

223 Remington 700 sps tactical with 20" barrel threaded, single stage rifle basix or shilen trigger, tactical bolt knob, AICS AT 1.5 non folding chassis in pale brown

7mm-08 Remington 700 action with 22" barrel (border, Lothar Walther etc) threaded, single stage rifle basix or shilen trigger, tactical bolt knob, MC Millan A5 stock with integral adjustable cheek piece.

Cheers

Good luck though.
MS

or,...get one in Germany, check your exchange rate.
Custom action, integrated recoil lug, integrated rail, Lothar Walther match barrel.
Available with AI stock too.
edi
http://buema-hochwang.de/PSG-Walkuere-kurz-Konfigurator

Seem like a bargain especially with that stock;)

recon also in Germany the best bang for your buck.
It is a great three lug action. Had great feedback in a test with 14 different loads including three factory loads with the worst 10 shot group at 100m being under an inch
and the best being 10.8mm. The 6.5x47 did very well at the 300m German nationals.
I think he will offer the rifle in several different stock configurations and eventually also as get a more hunting orientated barrels.
Andreas has a lovely little "factory" where he manufactures the actions on a snazzy cnc machine.
edi

Or get a mauser m03 if you like a turn bolt rather than straight pull Blaser just a suggestion

Back