Thread: A bit of an introduction.

A bit of an introduction.

Morning all,
    I've been on here a while but have just noticed the request for an introduction - so here it is.
    I've been shooting all my life, started with rabbits age 11, although now retired (early). I took up shooting again after an invitation to join an established but local small DIY shoot. Since then I have been a member, shoot captain and chairman of a number of shoots. I've reared pheasants, been a part-time keeper and enjoyed trying to help others enjoy a days shooting in all its many facets. I very much enjoy vermin control and have had small calibre rifles for many years and centrefire rifles for more than 10. I have been a member of target clubs (for zeroing) but always enjoyed foxing more. Lately I have taken up stalking but would still regard myself as inexperienced. I have an open .308 for stalking. I have had the joy of being in the 'deer desert', but have also been to Devon and Somerset stalking. I have a greater love for foxing (ATM) and have a new set of digital night vision kit (N870) atop a .17 hornet, to combine all my vermin control into one, day and night setup.
    I'm enjoying the sites videos and contributors who are more 'restrained' than some sites.
    I am a member of the NGO and think our representative organisations with this exception are inadequate in representing both a combined face for shooting and poor value for the individual shooter. Still quite passionate about shooting in general, still keen to learn.
    Not impressed with B******, management speak, 'driving forward' etc. I believe I have earned the right through hard work and experience to have my own opinion but dont set out to offend.

I suppose I would sum myself up as (I hope) a bit of an informed rebel - a phrase which might describe me in a nutshell would be - "Rules are for the observance of fools and the guidance of wise men."

Glad to know you !
    Last edited by kes; 02-05-2015 at 08:14.

Anyone who owns a Hornet can't be of too bad an opinion, even if it is in the wrong bore diameter so go right at it Kes.

All the best

Good morning
    welcome to the SD

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Thank you all for the welcome.
    KB I was going to try a .22 hornet but a .223 came up first. Its a Remington with a bull barrel and it was my main foxing weapon until I decided to try the small one.
    Its still the weapon of choice when its windy.