Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shocked

Well don't know were to start but here goes a year past I sent my Bins away to get the dioptre wheel repaired small chip in it. Not sure how it happened but it did .Leica sent my bins back saying they were needing this that and the next the bill would be near on 800 the same price as a new pair trade. Gutted I sent a letter back saying I was not happy as they were covered with a life time warranty. A quick reply just said sorry that was that. I was on Face Fbook and there was a discussion about what bins were best. (Leica or swaro)I suggest that Leica were great but there guarantee was ****. I was contacted by the head of Leica GB SIMON BARR, I sent him the correspondence with Lieca and three days later a shinny new set came to my door.
    To say I was pleased was an understatement and I will use these like they were made of Chrystal ( Ok that's a lie !!!!). Been out a few times just looking and decided to go for a buck this morning. ( Thanks Simon and Leica ).

In the picture the monarch roe bag , Tony's Sticks , and the shinny new bins.

As I get older I have realised that I cannot please everyone. But I find I can easy piss every one off.

You ever buy owt Davie !!! Lol
    All pull together to raise the phoenix from the ashe

Jimmy it just happens that I did pay for the dog in the picture but got her at a
    As I get older I have realised that I cannot please everyone. But I find I can easy piss every one off.

Well done Davie it pays to complain sometimes !!

Reminds me of when we were kids, used to write to KP crisps or Curly Wurly etc complaining we had found paper clip, hair, broken glass etc in said product. They would usually write back with freebies Naughty really.
    Is a chip out of the dioptre wheel a warranty situation or wear and tear?
    Having said that I sent back my Stiener Nighthunter XP bins after the strap mounting snapped off them and they were good enough to send back a new set binoculars within the week so thumbs up for thier warranty as well. (Good bins if you haven't got the budget for lieca.)

Shame you had to go to Facebook to get a decent response , I sent my Swarovski el's back after seven years of hard work , which included dropping them from a high seat , the lenses where scratched and wouldn't focus ..returned to the factory through Richard W , I had them back in two weeks totally refurbished at a cost of 240 ..Swarovski after sales are legendary and rightly so ..

Re legendary after sales.
    It could be argued that you pay for that when you buy Swaro.
    Whether you need it or not.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

I think I will put on FB that my Blaser R8 won't shoot for ****
    See what turns up over the next few days.

Liongeorge I did not really expect them fixed under warranty nothing naughty as you call it in my complaint I tell it as it is, I do use my bins and they are a tool so get enough ware and tare . I wanted the dioptre wheel sorted I did not expect a bill for near 800. If Simon is the new face of Leica then they will get my thumbs up been using them for 12 years.

Grant.N you will be in a long Queue

Tonys sticks are the dogs danglies aren't they.