Iphone 4s problem?

RED-DOT

Having given up with my bean tins and string i bought a used iphone4s in perfect condition. I recieved an email from Apple asking to download an upgrade i think it was IOS 8 (not sure) but since downloading it my phone is now very slow and loses the 3G connection.
How can i restore my phone back to its old speed?
thanks in advance.

Make sure you havent got a number of apps running in the background as that can really slow it down and reduce battery life

Too late now but you shouldn't have done that latest update, lots of people I know are now having problems. I've not done the last update as I was warned not to.
If I was suspicious I'd say apple wanted everyone to buy the newer phones
Wingy

Double tap the home button then swipe off the apps as already mentioned .swipe up from the bottom of the phone and enable airplane mode off and on again .turn the phone off now and again .short of that whack it with a hammer and claim on the insurance :D
norma

Surprisingly - switching it on and off again frequently clears all sorts of problems
ED

I'm not the only one suffering this corporate blackmailing then? Some good tips guys the best of which was leaving phone on Airplane mode for a few hours which speedied things up a fair bit. I have noticed that the phone signal has to be much stronger now than the older iOS.

I have noticed that the phone signal has to be much stronger now than the older iOS.

Have you noticed whether the actual reception is any worse in a known area than it was before?

I seem to remember reading that one of the iOS updates improved the accuracy of the reported signal strength. I.e. the bars displayed were a more accurate reflection of the actual signal.

Alan

Press

*#105#
then call that number

this will show the last time the sim updated to your local antenna.
if this is longer than 24hrs then try turning off and on, if this doesn't update the sim then you need to do a manual search for a provider then select one that's not yours. It won't connect but this fools the sim into updating correctly once you restart and set your provider to auto.

Press

*#105#
then call that number

this will show the last time the sim updated to your local antenna.
if this is longer than 24hrs then try turning off and on, if this doesn't update the sim then you need to do a manual search for a provider then select one that's not yours. It won't connect but this fools the sim into updating correctly once you restart and set your provider to auto.

What phone does that sequence apply to? Doesn't work on my iPhone 5. Seem to remember something similar from my sonyericcson days though...

Alan

Vodafone only I should add.

others are

*#100# - Your own number
*#101# - Don't know what this is
*#102# - The switching station/hub (same as *#105# but without the date registered)
*#103# - Current date and time
*#104# - Number of last incoming call (might be your answer phone number but can't remember)
*#147# - Number and date/time of last incoming call
*#1345# - Balance (Pay As You Go)

Back