Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: British Wild Boar

British Wild Boar

As per title we are able to offer Wild Boar in the UK. The shooting is mainly from High seats , some stalking on foot is available .
    Couple of dates left before we stop for the summer. More dates will be available from August onwards.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0109-3.jpg 
Views:	642 
Size:	719.2 KB 
ID:	56226

One from yesterday 04/05/15

Drop me a PM for details.

Ade

Thank you to all who have contacted me. Our last outings before stopping for the summer are now booked. We will be restarting in August but will accept advanced bookings.

All the best

Ade

Are these fenced or wild? I ask as I havent heard of stalking boar in this country, on foot that is.
    Hunted - England, Scotland, Poland, South Africa and Spain.

Quote Originally Posted by shotguntom View Post
    Are these fenced or wild? I ask as I havent heard of stalking boar in this country, on foot that is.
    Usually from high seats but I've shot free ranging wild boar in the Forest of Dean area by stalking on foot under a full moon, good for the adrenaline.

Quote Originally Posted by shotguntom View Post
    Definitely Wild Boar, no fences, not farmed, first contact with humans is when we shoot them. The one that was shot Monday was more than WILD, it was absolutely furious!!!!!

Most are shot from high seats, they seem to be better at scenting people than deer, so to stalk them on foot is difficult.

Never been to Europe on the boar myself, so I couldn't comment on the success rate abroad of stalking them on foot.

Ade

"Usually from high seats but I've shot free ranging wild boar in the Forest of Dean area by stalking on foot under a full moon, good for the adrenaline. "

As Paul K said, adrenalin was pumping a bit, the boar disappeared into a plantation after being shot. While finding it with limited light under the spruce ( evening stalk), there was one about 100kg's moving around about 30 yards away keeping an eye on us and making some very un nerving noises, definitely a big pi**ed off piggy.

We were shooting under a full moon and with a lamp. The technique was to stalk quietly along a grass strip at the edge of a large wood watching for large black shapes to come out onto the grass strip. They were then illuminated with the lamp to see if they were suitable, i.e. not a lactating sow or one with youngsters at foot. In one evening we saw 33 boar of varying ages. I got a big barren sow of about 90kg and a smaller yearling boar, the shots were taken at 30 yards and just over 150 yards. At one point we sat down on the edge of the wood as we could hear pigs just inside, as we sat there a sow and six piglets came out just 30 yards to our left, crossed the grass and then turned and ran along the edge of the crops, right in front of us. The piglets were quite small so we let them go.

I missed the chance of a really big boar of around 160kg when it was lumped and the stalker gave the OK as I was too close to get a picture in the sights, I thought I couldn't see when in fact the scope was completely filled with boar. Had I had the .457 with open sights I would have got it. We were no more than 15 yards away from him. The .457 was really insurance as on foot with a big fairly unhappy boar you'd want him to go down and stay down!

The boar seemed remarkably tolerant of us as they must have scented us at some stage. The other thing was that we could smell them from quite some distance.
    Last edited by paul k; 07-05-2015 at 15:11.

First Dates available between September 21st and October 11th. We can take up to three stalkers in one sitting (evening stalks), estate rifles available. For more information drop me a PM.

More dates to follow

Ade