Bl00dy cat poo

Wingy

Ok has anyone got any ideas that are both legal and work that will stop cats doing their dirt in my garden?
Two weeks ago I got stuck in to my front garden put down artificial turf as I was sick of the dandylions and daisies, I was left with a border of about 2 foot all the way around. the garden in total is only 6m x 4m. to be honest it looked good and my little girl age 5 had planted a load of seeds in the greenhouse, so on Monday bank holiday she was going to plant them out. Before I could let her anywhere near I found myself removing 1/3 of a bucket of cat poo from the borders and it stank.
I then expressed my disgust with the neighbours, 1 has 9 cats, another has 4 and a third has about 3-4. Each swore blind that the mess was not from their cats but became quite upset when I suggested if the cats that were pooing in my garden didn't belong to anyone they must be wild so I would be leaving a dose of poison to deal with the issue, but they should not wory because as they said their cats don't come in to my garden.
Obviously I won't be poisoning any cats and don't want to be out of pocket buying stuff that doesn't work
Any tips welcome Wingy

If you can catch a cat in the act and blast it with water from a garden hose this is supposed to be very effective without injuring the cat.

Friend of mine made a pir activated water jet as the sneaky pests only came in at night they don't visit his garden no more as they jumped off the wall landed splat then legged it

Think you can buy Lion sh!t from Longleat and other safari parks - cats sniff that a mile off and realise that there's a much bigger animal about - then clear off rapido :thumb:

pepper ,cats always shat in the same place so putPEPPER PEPPER N MORE PEPPER on it,the sweet n sour ingredients hate it with a vengence or better still the electric cat repellers work a treat ,their battery eaters but thats what poundland is for.we got one and they stay away

Think you can buy Lion sh!t from Longleat and other safari parks - cats sniff that a mile off and realise that there's a much bigger animal about - then clear off rapido :thumb:

Yes I've been told this but I have issues with lots of small cat poo in the garden I don't want to be adding giant cat poo to it.
Think I'm going to go down the electric fence option, Like what we use at the base of the pheasant pens
QWingy

I know of a chap used to catch cats in a cat/fox trap, then tip a bucket of water onto the cat, he says this brought on the urge to have a pi$$ so he then peed on the cat. Then let the cat out and it usually was the next county 3 secs later...spreading the stink of pee in its owners house.
Dunno if that's legal or not, but sure sounds like fun.

Cheep ground pepper spread on the top of fences or any where they land /walk if you have a dog please remember to carry it out of your property until the pepper has been effective and you can hose a path off, I had the same problem cats in the back garden a dog using the front. The noises ether a Jack Russell or kitty make when the snort a lung full are interesting, if you can put it somewhere that a cat has to jump on to so it coats its feet you will find it very effective.

Not sure I advocate the bucket of water and p1ss on it ....open forum etc and don't need to give ammo to any others.
Even if you don't like cats no need to maltreat them .... You could end up getting nailed if videoed etc.

If you have a garden hose lying certainly a shout & squirt will get them smart in very quick time...... Otherwise buy yer girl a super soaker out of toys r us and same job ..... It ain't cruel.... It's effective .

I hate cat **** too, I hate cat owners who honestly think their cat doesn't **** & if I does it smells of roses .....

But please dinnae turn this thread into various techniques of how to cruelly destroy the bloody things ..... Doesn't do us any favours ..... I shoot them on estates round pheasant pens etc but that's different ..... Unfortunately dinnae think you could excuse bringing out the new 7x64 on the new front astro turf...👍

Paul

Not much help to you here, but the cats are taking the opportunity to avail themselves of easy latrine covering, (prepared or loose soil), get yourself a bit of fruit netting, (And a super soaker)!:D

Zoo poo is supposed to work but spreading do do around to prevent more do do seems a bit odd to me as you'll have more crap then what you started with.
Buy your own cat. It'll **** in your neighbours garden and keep theirs out of yours

A cat once came in my garden dug a hole crouched over it pooed in the hole and then covered it back over it was amazing to see . but as above hose pipe

Many years ago, when I was just a nipper and we lived in a town house with small garden back and front, my father always kept a bucket of blue dye handy to fling over any cat or dog caught in the act. No way the neighbours could deny it then.

This was on tv a few days ago,

Mythbusters, proved that nothing ore than ground black pepper and a high pressure water gun like these pump up things you get nowadays,

My old mate used blue tac and a old air rifle works a treat stings like mad and they don't come back after a hit with it,

Bob,

A neighbour of mine tried the same technique to stop cats crapping in his garden and foxes taking his chickens. Since using both Tiger and Lion crap he still has cat s**t everywhere and a few days ago a fox killed most of his chickens!!!

pepper ,cats always shat in the same place so putPEPPER PEPPER N MORE PEPPER on it,the sweet n sour ingredients hate it with a vengence or better still the electric cat repellers work a treat ,their battery eaters but thats what poundland is for.we got one and they stay away

my cat used to love pepper, used to rub in the pepper spot...then ****!

get a dog!
not seen a cat in our garden since the puppy arrived two months ago....
but they still crap

Live capture in traps and release in the next county.... humane and not bothering your neighbours as they dont belong to them anyway:thumb:

Back