Vacancy: Gamekeepers job available

I am curious as to how many people on here would Apply for a Position like this or consider a career change.

The reason I ask is that a post for a brick layer seems to have drawn more interest from the forum users that this ad did.

Tbh I would like to apply but......
having a young family (wife being the main wage earner) I can't realistically relocate
also I don't really feel I'd have the experience needed.

very interesting tho.

if it were within commuting distance and maybe a less senior position I'd be applying.....

Near the bottom of the page it says Role: Gardener. More to it than pulling a trigger.

I think you will find that the gardener reference is the pay scale that it falls into.
Las for the job:
shooting on average 100 fallow deer a year in your own park.
covering the Royal Parks on call out. That's anothrr 4k acres on top of the 750 acres you would single handedly be responsible for.
All the pest control you could want . On average about 1K rabbit a year from the estate and the golf course on site.
Pigeon control, goose control, cormorants and squirrels.
You get to live on site in a deer park.
You get a Land Rover to drive around in.
You would be working at a royal palace.
they provide all your toys and ammo.
You would be working with the Royal Parks with their call out and culls.The pay package must be greater as you are being asked to work call out / on call .
What would you need to make a job of a lifetime appealing ?

Last edited:
I think you will find that the gardener reference is the pay scale that it falls into.
Las for the job:
shooting on average 100 fallow deer a year in your own park.
covering the Royal Parks on call out. That's anothrr 4k acres on top of the 750 acres you would single handedly be responsible for.
All the pest control you could want . On average about 1K rabbit a year from the estate and the golf course on site.
Pigeon control, goose control, cormorants and squirrels.
You get to live on site in a deer park.
You get a Land Rover to drive around in.
You would be working at a royal palace.
they provide all your toys and ammo.
You would be working with the Royal Parks with their call out and culls.The pay package must be greater as you are being asked to work call out / on call .
What would you need to make a job of a lifetime appealing ?

Do do you know something we don't, can't see any reference to a lot of the info you just listed.....?

How have you all got on? I filled it out but decided at the last minute to withdraw as couldn't take the drop in wages no matter how I did the maths.

Back