North Wales FEO

hcm1

Hi folks, can anyone confirm who is currently the firearms liaison officer for North Wales Gwynedd area?

regards

Thanks that's a great suggestion, I really don't know why I didn't think of that!

cheers!

I think it's all covered from Prestatyn and I speak to a very helpful lady called Beth but the phone is only answered between 10:00 and 14:00 on weekdays.

I think it's all covered from Prestatyn and I speak to a very helpful lady called Beth but the phone is only answered between 10:00 and 14:00 on weekdays.

There are only the courts left in prestatyn . The rest of the building has been pulled down . Its all run from st asaph HQ

Hi Mark, that might be useful if you didn't mind.

I spoke to BASC today and they said it had come to their attention that NWP were doing complete historical checks of any certificate that came into them regardless of the reason!! But of course they are understaffed so obviously it makes sense to create more work!!

If you wouldn't mind pming the addresses over Mark that would be great! I pity anyone applying for an FAC right now!

Hi Mark, that might be useful if you didn't mind.

I spoke to BASC today and they said it had come to their attention that NWP were doing complete historical checks of any certificate that came into them regardless of the reason!! But of course they are understaffed so obviously it makes sense to create more work!!

If you wouldn't mind pming the addresses over Mark that would be great! I pity anyone applying for an FAC right now!

That's interesting, I sent my SGC in for renewal at the end of March, it expired on 29th April, Around 14th April I telephoned them to ask how to deal with the sale of a gun and at the same time asked how likely it was that I'd get my SGC back before it expired. The answer was to the effect that they had not started the process and they then issued me with a temporary certificate for 3 months. We'll have to wait and see whether I need a further temporary certificate.

When I said that it was handled at Prestatyn it was because that's where I send my paperwork, but obviously to a PO Box so it could actually go anywhere.

I had a phone call yesterday from the firearms department stating that my fac and shotgun certs may not be prosesed In time and to make arrangements with a RFD to store them . I was told they had a good few people to contact regarding having doing this.

I had a phone call yesterday from the firearms department stating that my fac and shotgun certs may not be prosesed In time and to make arrangements with a RFD to store them . I was told they had a good few people to contact regarding having doing this.

Why, have they run out of S.7 Permits?

if you or anyone else affected have entered your applications in a reasonable time before expiry, then it's down to the FLD to issue the renewal or a S.7 Permit. Don't fall for it if you submitted yours in good time, and write in to the CC requesting action.

Just an update, after numerous phone calls and a visit!?!?! my variation finally came through. very nice chap came to see me, although neither of us understood why! I cant honestly see the reason as it was a 1 for one of similar calibers.

Never mind, sorted now but it took some work!

Back