We are pleased to be able to offer you an opportunity to sit for Wild Boar under the moon, here in the UK.

External Image - Click to view original size (640x480px)

We have access to a couple farms in Dorset that have more than a few of these hairy beasts running
around. In Winter, the ground can be turned over to the point that it looks as though rotavators have been busy!

Shooting is conducted each month in a period a couple days either side of the full moon, & if you fancy joining us, then decide on a specific date that suits & get in touch. They are BIG & out there!

2015 Shooting dates

June 1-4th
July 30 June-4th
August 27-31st
September 27-29th
October 24-29th
November 23-28th

I will have arranged access & pre-baited the site, installed suitable high-seats & provide Night Vision
equipment to aid spotting and target selection - and will be on site throughout the night to assist in all transport and carcass recovery.

We meet mid afternoon, proceed to my range and check-zero the rifle you will be
using. A full brief follows, covering wild boar & the area you will be hunting, before we leave for the shooting grounds..

Following the outing, we return to your accommodation and a welcome snooze, before departing for home.

All equipment can be provided, including both a rifle-lamp and an NV spotter, however, if you already have your own kit - do bring it along. A total of three hunters can be placed, but two is preferable.

We will need a scan of the front of your FAC + insurance detail (BASC/NGO/BDS etc)as well as
a mobile telephone number for each hunter so we can stay in contact.

To reserve your place, Email or call me let me know what night is convenient during a moon period & I will confirm availability.

Cost: 150 for a full night shooting for Wild Boar.

Shot fee = 60 on successful shot (any size/sex Wild Boar)
Trophy fee = 20 per cm (measured to nearest cm on the largest exposed tusk.)
Lost fee = 200 for any wounded & lost beast that cannot be recovered.
B&B accommodation on site = 40
Venison remains the property of the estate, but the carcass can be purchased at prevailing game-dealer rates (currently 2.50/lb) if you wish.

A trophy fee is only payable for a male Boar showing exposed tusk. On average, 60% of the tusk length will be buried in the jaw - accordingly, a 19cm Boar (Bronze medal) may only show 6cm of chargeable tusk length! Any trophy tusks or teeth are your property, and we will gladly discuss/deal with trophy preparation if appropriate. A Lost/Wounded fee is levied to encourage you to only take shots within your capabilities, and covers the time, cost & excitement involved in following up a wounded animal the next morning!

Any questions, just give me a call please/Email please as this thread is not checked.

Looking forward to hunting with you.

Ian Farrington

Tel: 07798 771 062